Are Korean Brand Fillers safe? Tox n Fill

Xin Loc

Aug 8, 2018
Hey y'all,
I'm going to Seoul this weekend for three days and got a korean friend to book an appointment for me at Tox n Fill in Hongdae.
Does anyone have experience with this clinic? Will english be a problem? Do they sell per syringe or per area? And is korean brand filler safe? How long do they last? It is the cheapest option but I've only ever done restylane and juvederm.

My priority is injecting my chin, but I'd love to re-up my lips, re-up my nose, or get a tiny bit in my aegyosal if there is any left over.
I also have a crease (volume loss) in my cheek and would get that filled, but am so anxious about fillers in that area.

Hey y'all,
I'm going to Seoul this weekend for three days and got a korean friend to book an appointment for me at Tox n Fill in Hongdae.
Does anyone have experience with this clinic? Will english be a problem? Do they sell per syringe or per area? And is korean brand filler safe? How long do they last? It is the cheapest option but I've only ever done restylane and juvederm.

My priority is injecting my chin, but I'd love to re-up my lips, re-up my nose, or get a tiny bit in my aegyosal if there is any left over.
I also have a crease (volume loss) in my cheek and would get that filled, but am so anxious about fillers in that area.
Hi @Xin Loc, please read the thread by a girl who regrets korean fillers. Please make sure you know the name of the filler and check that it is US FDA approved. As you say you used restylane and juvederm in the past and these are good and safe. Don't be lured by cheap knockoff prices if you have no idea what they are injecting.

Hi @Xin Loc, please read the thread by a girl who regrets korean fillers. Please make sure you know the name of the filler and check that it is US FDA approved. As you say you used restylane and juvederm in the past and these are good and safe. Don't be lured by cheap knockoff prices if you have no idea what they are injecting.
Yes I've decided against the fillers for now. I am only 20 but I want something to plump up my skin and fill out the volume under my eyes. I just learned about PRP injections and something called Hydrolifting? I would get them but they are $800! Are there any other procedures that might give me some volume? :heart:

Reactions: MissOrange
I have considered Korean branded fillers before, since I have mainly used non-FDA approved in the past (but safe as they are used widely in other highly developed countries ex Canada, UK...) but ended up going with Restylane in Korea because I bargained for it to be included in my sx total cost. FDA approved is often “the safe bet”, but many brands choose not to apply for FDA approval because of many reasons unrelated to the quality and safety of their product.

I think the thing to do, is find the names of the brands, find as much info as you can online, and see what the comparable formulas are in other more widely known brands.
I’m assuming you want a temporary HA filler (wise decision vs less temporary like collagen)...some Korean brands are expected to last less than 6 months (btw this doesn’t mean the filler is cheaply made or bad) so maybe these are good to try out initially. And what I have done before when trying out new fillers, is first testing a small area with little ccs. If I don’t like the result, the clinic dissolves with hyaluronidase. I think asking the clinic if the filler can be safely dissolved is important as well...

Reactions: Xin Loc
hmm..
I got the botox and filler injection all over my face last year at TOX N FIL but the doctor did not seem know which muscles and layers he has to target to make the even surface of face. I'm a lady who gets the injections regularly and very pick to choose a doctor. I dont think it's a matter of filler brands. it's a matter of doctor's surgical know how and skills. just for your information :smile: good luck!

Have you found a better place for it in Korea? These places are chains so I can imagine your experience could vary a lot based on the skill of the injector you get.

Reactions: MissOrange
Yes I've decided against the fillers for now. I am only 20 but I want something to plump up my skin and fill out the volume under my eyes. I just learned about PRP injections and something called Hydrolifting? I would get them but they are $800! Are there any other procedures that might give me some volume? :heart:
Hi @Xin Loc I only know of fillers and fat graft for facial volume enhancements.

Hi! Where can I find this specific thread? Do you have the link