Aquascutum coat; to buy, or not to buy?!

Hi
I own a few Aquascutum pieces incl. vintage stuff. I would say their sizing is generous. They are a very old English brand and to me, their strength is in the traditional classic not high fashion. This coat is a really disappointing example of trying to be 'fashionable' and I personally don't think it works. You should use the money on one of their classic pieces or elsewhere completely.

I think it will be great as a little Summer trench and trans-seasonal coat, whan you wouldn't wear thick (it's always hard to find thin enough rainproofs).

Aquascutum is an English classic, heritage brand and has over 100 of history and people like Winston Churchill and the royal family. Trench macs are what they are famous for.

I have old and new Aquascutum mostly macs and some RTW too, all excellent quality (and the new macs better than new Burberrys which I also like). I would say they are generous on cut but macs shouldn't be tight anyway, it just depends how you like to wear it.

Bargain price too :tup:

I think you could do better with a mac from the same line, but with a more traditional feel to the fabric. This mac doesn't look lined (even though it may be), thus it doesn't look as expensive as it actually is IMHO.

I've tried this coat on last Spring, (btw the original price was 170 GBP) and it is a light raincoat, not a coat that will get a lot of use. It's a between seasons coat, and IRL the cut is better, not so narrow like the pics.
I have the original Aquascutum trench coat and it is a better value for money.