Appraisals with overseas purchases

fawun507

Jun 25, 2023
I purchased my Cartier Panther watch in the US and purchased my Love and JUC bracelets in Australia. I live in the US and am looking to get my three Cartier pieces insured.

My insurance company requires the appraisals to be completed in the US. However, my Cartier SA in Chicago said that they only do appraisals for pieces that are purchased in their Chicago boutique. Does anyone know how I would then get the appraisals done for my Love and JUC pieces that I purchased in the Sydney boutique since the appraisals need to be done in the US or am I SOL in insuring those two?

Has anyone else come across a similar situation?

I purchased my Cartier Panther watch in the US and purchased my Love and JUC bracelets in Australia. I live in the US and am looking to get my three Cartier pieces insured.

My insurance company requires the appraisals to be completed in the US. However, my Cartier SA in Chicago said that they only do appraisals for pieces that are purchased in their Chicago boutique. Does anyone know how I would then get the appraisals done for my Love and JUC pieces that I purchased in the Sydney boutique since the appraisals need to be done in the US or am I SOL in insuring those two?

Has anyone else come across a similar situation?
If your insurance company insists on an appraisal rather than going by the current, listed Cartier price, you can get a local jeweler or jewelry appraiser to do an appraisal on your pieces instead. They all charge different rates per hour, so you may want to get a couple of quotes if the first one sounds high.

Interesting, my insurance doesn't require appraisals when there's receipts involved. For my larger diamonds I always include them (engagement ring, diamond studs, etc...)

Reactions: Mishella