Appraisal for a Tiffany Bracelet

Makenna

O.G.
Jan 24, 2012
Hi,
I am new to the Tiffany forum and have an appraisal question please. I recently bought a T wire bracelet with diamonds while on vacation in Hawaii. I asked the SA who helped me for an appraisal document for my insurance company (my State Farm agent doesn't accept receipts) and was told Tiffany doesn't provide appraisal unless the diamonds are over certain carats. I have a DBTY necklace that DH gifted me a few years ago and he was given an appraisal document by Tiffany even though I don't think the diamonds were that big and the amount of the necklace is less than the bracelet. I have always been given an appraisal/evaluation report on my jewelries from Cartier with or without diamonds. If this is indeed true, would someone please advise me on where I could go to get an appraisal done in San Francisco bay area? Thank you so much in advance.

Reactions: Noyerx
Hi,
I am new to the Tiffany forum and have an appraisal question please. I recently bought a T wire bracelet with diamonds while on vacation in Hawaii. I asked the SA who helped me for an appraisal document for my insurance company (my State Farm agent doesn't accept receipts) and was told Tiffany doesn't provide appraisal unless the diamonds are over certain carats. I have a DBTY necklace that DH gifted me a few years ago and he was given an appraisal document by Tiffany even though I don't think the diamonds were that big and the amount of the necklace is less than the bracelet. I have always been given an appraisal/evaluation report on my jewelries from Cartier with or without diamonds. If this is indeed true, would someone please advise me on where I could go to get an appraisal done in San Francisco bay area? Thank you so much in advance.

Call and speak to someone in repairs. They handle requests for "valuations", which will be a Tiffany document that states the replacement cost. They do not provide documents called "appraisals" and perhaps that was part of the confusion?

https://international.tiffany.com/Service/FaqDetail.aspx?faq_id=1949&FAQ_CATEGORY=99

Hi,
My understanding is if the Diamond is 0.19 carats or bigger they will provide you with certificate. The T wire bracelet has pave diamonds so no individual diamond would be greater than 0.19 carats which is why they didn't provide the certificate.

I have a lot of Tiffany jewellery but only have certificates for my engagment ring and for my Dbty necklace.

Reactions: Shopgirl1996