Tech Apple Watch

i don't see the point of the watch, since you have to carry the phone with you.

it'll be outdated by next year, i'd rather put the money toward a real high end watch...not a piece of technology.

$17,000??? There are some seriously nice manual watches you can buy for that (piaget, zenith, JLC, patek, etc), which appreciate in value. Of course, they are not smart watches...but still...geeze.

I just preordered mine - the Stainless Steel 42mm Apple Watch with Milanese loop band. It's so crazy, ordering something like this without trying it on first but some people who preorder now might have to wait until June before their watches arrive.

For those who have purchased their watch, I'm interested to know which ones you ended up choosing and why? Personally I chose the stainless steel because I liked how shiny it was compared to the aluminum Sport version. I've also be drawn to the Milanese loop from the very beginning because it reminded me of the Tiffany & Co Somerset mesh collection.

I chose the aluminum Sport model with the white band and also ordered the Milanese loop so I could swap between the two bands.

I didn't order the sterling silver Watch+Milanese loop combo though because the Sport+Milanese band was cheaper, plus had a quicker ship date.

I went with the sport in black with the smaller face. I also took out the coverage as i expect problems.....
Thought it would be a good option for working out instead of my regular watch.

I chose the aluminum Sport model with the white band and also ordered the Milanese loop so I could swap between the two bands.

I didn't order the sterling silver Watch+Milanese loop combo though because the Sport+Milanese band was cheaper, plus had a quicker ship date.

I really like your idea of pairing the sport with the Milanese loop band. You've got more versatility that way, with two choices of bands.

I really like your idea of pairing the sport with the Milanese loop band. You've got more versatility that way, with two choices of bands.

Thanks! I am honestly so relieved the Milanese loop looks good with the Sport version, I was really worried it would look "off", but someone posted a photo and IMO looks fine. http://imgur.com/gallery/FZ9X0YD/

The shiny stainless steel version is so pretty though... I was VERY tempted! :graucho: Congrats on snagging the SS!

I went with the sport in black with the smaller face. I also took out the coverage as i expect problems.....
Thought it would be a good option for working out instead of my regular watch.

The black's been really popular, great choice. I'm planning on taking out an apple care plan as well, you're right, we'll probably need it.

Ordered mine yesterday, sport white, 38mm... Come on June.. :smile:
When the second gen comes around, if the apps and tech are there, I will definitely get the steel version but for now the entry level is best when the technology is new. I will need to get some different bands at some point though to change it up.
Reasons for me to buy it, I run. I have a bluetooth headset. The run apps I like, particularly Zombies run which integrates a story with my music, are coming to the watch. To have music on my wrist and not have to carry my phone ( you can add up to 2 gigs of music directly to the watch via playlist with out needing to carry the phone, add to that fitness tracking, bye-bye fitbit, and I have less to carry with more functionality.
On a personal note, I have been a type 1 diabetic since I was 12. I wear a monitor that tells me my sugar every 5 min. This is an additional piece of equipment to carry. Dexcom (the Co that produces the monitor) made an app for the watch that will take away the need to have the monitor on me to know where my sugar is. 1 less thing to carry. Now on a run all I need in my pocket are my key and some glucose for emergencies, no phone, no meter, yay!
Ultimately for me this is a must have:
A time piece, an iPod, a Fitness tracker, Heart rate monitor for running and fat burning, and for me specifically its also a medical device.
What more could I ask for? I am so excited and already looking forward to the next gen!!

Pricing is insane if you ask me, a customer ostrich leather iphone 6 with way more memory attached is not even a third of what a 18k rose gold (which is little considering the size of the watch and the grounds it "covers" considering the ceramic back and a sapphire crystal face)

http://en.colette.fr/catalog/produc...iph6-autruche-128go-framboise/category/12990/

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-watch/apple-watch-edition?product=MJ3K2LL/A&step=detail

and the leather on the watch is what, calf? they aren't even going to include membership to unlimited icloud space or at the very least free 64gb or something...?

I'm pretty sure once enough time has passed and enough kinks worked out; I may or may not get one when the price hits low enough ( never did jump on the first iPhone train ) that it's a small jump from what I paid for my jawbone manufactured fitness monitor.

Otherwise I really can't play games on it, wouldn't want to squint my eyes on Instagram over it and really dread reading email with it--so essentially no use to me.