Apple Conditioner 101 needed

The way I do it is use a small towel or rag, put some conditioner on it and then rub it in the bag, starting at the bottom, front, back, sides. I reapply the conditioner on the same spot on the towel as needed. After everything is nice and dry, with a soft cloth you buff it out. Then you spray, nice and evenly. After 30 min, spray the second coat and you are done.
Always test on a small area, just to be on the safe side. I have conditioned the taupe, ocean blue and salmon color. No change in color, spray will darken it but it will disappear right away as it dries. Conditioning will make the bag patina faster.

Hope this helps.

Hi gilmoregirl, nebo, and peeps!

Being fairly new to this most-precious forum :P, I realized that I should be conditioning my dooney's too. After following the discussions in these forums, I decided on Apple Conditioner... and I must say, it is AMAZING. My babies are so shiny and soft now! The only thing I've noticed is that my natural one hasn't taken on the shine that the others have. Does anyone know if that means its really dry?

I'm happy to know that it encourages the patina process because I absolutely love the look of that patina! My chestnut one has really blossomed lately :lol:

I'm so glad you love the results! I haven't had the time to do mine today. Been a lil cray here. I think some are more dry. My pink stanwich looks great, but my Lavender Flo that I received today definitely needs some help lol she looks very dry. I had seen previous posts (Springer, I believe) who also had a "dry" lavender so color may be a factor. I hope to get her all moisturized tonight.