Apple and Coach

Hello,

I'm new to all of this. I had no idea you needed to condition leather bags before this forum. I have a few leather bags... D&B Dillen, Coach Legacy Penny, Coach Pebbled Leather, Kate Spade Cobble Hill, MK Fulton. Most of my leather is the soft pebbled leather kind. I've read this post and from I've read, I have a few questions:

1. From what I gathered, the Apple Conditioner should work on the pebbled leather?
2. Do you just rub the conditioner all over the bag?
3. So, I've been told that the reason you need to condition bags is so the leather doesn't crack. I've actually had some of my leather bags for several years now and it looks just as if I had bought it yesterday which is why I didn't know you needed to condition them. At what point does the leather "crack"?
4. Some of the brass hardware is "tarnished". Is there something to fix that?

I'm so sorry for all the questions. I'm going to order the Apple Conditioner and just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. Thanks so much!

Yes, I have used the apple cond. on my pebbled phoebe with no issues at all.

I apply the cond. with a soft white cloth and rub it all over my bag. Let it dry, then buff.. I also use the apple rain and stain guard after conditioning.

Leather does tend to get dry after time. All hides are different, so I can't really say what type of leather gets more dry or what not.

Welcome, and this forum is full of Amazing knowledge...We all learn from one another.:smile:

Please help me..I am new to Coach leathers..my teal Phoebe should be here today or tomorrow..do I need to rain guard it or do anything before I start using it? Thanks!

And where do you buy the apple products?

All coach's bags are pre-treated..That's what I'm told! But I get both the apple conditioner and rain and stain guard. I either order from leatherstuff.com ( thats the manufacturer), or from ebay and I search apple leather products..

I condition my bag first, let it dry, buff with a soft white cloth, then spray...I'm actually waiting for a can of spray today! Its great for added protection :smile:

Last edited:
Help! I sat my phoebe on what should have been a safe location but unfortunatly she picked up something sticky (juice?) I was able to get it off but now the leather looks uneven and not as pebbled as before. So my question is.. what cleaner is better for phoebe? apple or coach cleaner? That or will some apple conditioner bring back the pebbly goodness?? Thank you!!