Appalled and Disgusted at the Quality of my new Mini Chyc Cabas!!

This is the older Yves Saint Laurent (not Saint Laurent) Cabas Chyc which shouldn't have the same detachable handle attachment as the newer one. And Winners sells only authentic merchandise so you can be pretty sure that you have an authentic bag there.

Yeeha! :biggrin:

No, there's no cross body strap and me & GF checked for sturdiness. It's solid. All the docs etc are there...yea, I'm no longer worried about authenticity and I don't think anything will fall apart either.

I'm going to buy Samorga(s) next for this bag, Del Rey + Trapeze.

Hi All,

I received my bag back from YSL Japan! Whew!

I never put much heavy things into the bag.. just the usual - wallet, keys, phone, some make up in a little make up pouch and sunglasses. I did use the bag almost everyday for about 3 weeks when the strap snapped.

Well at least now the bag is fixed so it was a somewhat happy ending. Let's hope it doesn't break again. This will definitely be my last purchase from Saint Laurent!

Thank you everyone for your help, suggestions and lovely comments!

IMG_5202.JPG

Hi All,

I never put much heavy things into the bag.. just the usual - wallet, keys, phone, some make up in a little make up pouch and sunglasses. I did use the bag almost everyday for about 3 weeks when the strap snapped.

Well at least now the bag is fixed so it was a somewhat happy ending. Let's hope it doesn't break again. This will definitely be my last purchase from Saint Laurent!

IMG_5202.JPG

That's a good ending to this story. The piece of leather that is attached to the strap does look extraordinarily thin for a stress-bearing point, though, so it's a good idea to pack light whenever using this bag.

Hi All,

IMG_5202.JPG

I've been following this thread but didn't want to say anything because I feel I have little nice to say about YSL/SLP nowadays :shrugs:

But, I am glad they finally took care of this for you.

Glad to be getting rid of my YSL pieces (though I think I shouldn't have sold my BDJ but eh...)

I've read this entire thread with my mouth open in horror. I'm so sorry you went through all of that. :sad: But I am glad the bag is fixed and totally would feel the same toward the brand if that happened to me.

omgosh! i read this whole thread just now and i'm appalled by slp's service! I'm glad they fixed it for you. i just bought the same bag except the 2nd generation. Mine also has the shoulder strap and now i'm terrified of carrying it by the strap!

Hi All,

IMG_5202.JPG
I posted under a Saint Laurent Sac De Jour post to get some feedback on my situation. The same thing happened to me and I've only had my bag for two weeks and wore it maybe 3 times. :sad: Basically I purchased my first Saint Laurent for my 24th birthday. I was enjoying it so much until...

...the crossbody strap snapped on me last night. I almost died. I tearfully called Nordstrom and told them and they are sending me a new bag. One person told me she has the same bag for a month now and puts relatively heavy things on it and it's held well.

Like you, Yuki, I'm terrified it might happen again. My Balenciaga, LV, and Gucci bags have held well. I expect quality when it comes to these brand names. I expect to put what I need in it and not have it snap on me. :sad:

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

If this second bag doesn't work out, I'm swearing off Saint Laurent. :sad:

Hello

I bought my Saint Laurent cabas chyc in Tokyo, Japan. In just two days, one of the screw that keep the handles attached got loose and came off. I was lucky I found it lying on my seat. The second problem, the stitching of the strap got broken, not even loose but broken.

Just 2 days!!!! You buy a luxury item expecting quality and high standards material and you get this.

I dont know what to do, we dont have YSL in Norway and my next trip to Paris will be in september.

Hello

I was lucky, I did have a nice experience with YSL London. I bought my Yves Saint Laurent in Japan, and after a week of use the thread of the shoulder strap got loose, so I got in contact with YSL in Japan, but they told me to contact London. I did, and they told me to send the strap, I did it, and they sent me a complete new strap with box and little bag. They sent the Package with UPS and I didn't pay anything. I got my new strap in 2 days.

I have been reading this forum for years and I am a bit of a lurker ;) but I have to add my experience to this post... A month ago I bought a Classic Saint Laurent tote. I used it twice. The second time, while I was outside, I noticed that the gold metal had started to peel off the chain. More precisely on the first ring that attaches to the rest of the chain, revealing the brass underneath. I immediately took pictures as I knew the "foil" would fall off before I got home.

I contacted the website where I had bought it. It's MyTheresa which is a German luxury retailer. I explained everything and asked for a full refund. They replied that they couldn't refund it to me becaue I had used it, and that I had to send it back to them and then they would send it to Saint Laurent for inspection!

Then I emailed Saint Laurent and was given a very short reply basically saying: "Go to your nearest store." Problem: there is no Saint Laurent store in Belgium!

Now I have sent it back and I am waiting on a reply from MyTheresa. They told me it could take up to 6 weeks. Needless to say I am absolutely disgusted with SL and I am praying that I can get a refund. I mean it's a €2000 handbag! This should not happen. I have €10 handbag with chains and this has never happened before. I literally wanted to cry as I had saved for a very long time to get it.

I couldn't believe that many luxury brands are still having this attitude. I mean, the world is changing, in the past, many luxury companies were like " oh, our product is like this, take it or leave it, we are luxury and we don't need to please anyone" ...
they can't be on the high horse and keep letting those defects and mistakes happen again and again. Nowadays, people are going through different social medias,they know things, they check the reviews before they purchase, a post like this can beat the brand seriously, for example, I was really into SDJ, but after this post I would probably only consider the one without the strap or even doubt about their luxury quality and don;t buy it. I also spread this post to my friends around me....

I honestly think many companies should start to listen and work on their designs, companies like Timberland test their products very strictly and make sure their products won't break easily. And back to SLP, we are talking about a luxury brand which selling a $3,000 handbag. Quality and service are definitely to be expected.

I couldn't believe that many luxury brands are still having this attitude. I mean, the world is changing, in the past, many luxury companies were like " oh, our product is like this, take it or leave it, we are luxury and we don't need to please anyone" ...
they can't be on the high horse and keep letting those defects and mistakes happen again and again. Nowadays, people are going through different social medias,they know things, they check the reviews before they purchase, a post like this can beat the brand seriously, for example, I was really into SDJ, but after this post I would probably only consider the one without the strap or even doubt about their luxury quality and don;t buy it. I also spread this post to my friends around me....

I honestly think many companies should start to listen and work on their designs, companies like Timberland test their products very strictly and make sure their products won't break easily. And back to SLP, we are talking about a luxury brand which selling a $3,000 handbag. Quality and service are definitely to be expected.

Oh I love your Totoro! (Sorry out of topic)

Anyway, I just bought a Chyc bag like yours and after a few days I decided that is not the right bag for me. I've been lusting for it for years and I finally got it but I think it's very delicate and not a heavy duty bag like my other bags i.e balenciaga, givenchy, LV (i can wear them everyday without worry of scratches). And now knowing that the after sales service is not reliable, i might sell it and get a balenciaga instead.

The strap clasp of my brand new mini Chyc Cabas snapped/broke after only THREE WEEKS of wear!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

image_1367228860134482.jpg

image_1367228873206038.jpg

I am absolutely appalled and disgusted at the quality of this $2500 AUD bag!!!

I have bags from Chanel, Dior, Balenciaga, LV etc etc but this is the FIRST TIME I have encountered something like this!!

None of my bags before this have broke after years and years of use...

But omg.. this bag broke after only 3 weeks of wear?? That's seriously disgusting when you think about how much they are charging for this bag!

I am sooo angry because there are no Saint Laurent stores in Australia!! I bought this bag 3 weeks ago at the Omotesando Hills store in Tokyo, Japan.

While I'm on a rant, I would like to tell you guys about my horrible experience buying this bag in the first place!!

So I went into the Saint Laurent store because I've been eyeing this bag for months and I really wanted to see it in person. Due to the weak yen, the price was comparable to the price in Paris so I decided to buy it!

However, because I didn't bring my passport, I wanted to come back the next day to get the bag so I can get the after tax price.

I wanted the new one from the back because the one on display had a scratch and the other stores only had one each. This was the only store with two. I tried to ask if I can put a deposit and come back tomorrow and was denied.

I found that ridiculous but maybe it could be due to the language barrier.

Because the SA didn't work the next day and was desperate to make a sale (probably to get her commission) she started convincing me to buy it on the spot and come back the next day to get my refund.

Due to my broken Japanese, there must have been a misunderstanding. I heard the word "refund" and thought I can just come back and they will just refund the tax back to my card.

So the next day I came into the store and guess what?!?!

They ended up refunding the ENTIRE amount back to my card and tried to charge the after tax amount to my card! Because the refund money doesn’t go back onto the card straight away, of course my credit card limit wouldn't allow another 2k transaction!

At first I was really confused and I wasn’t sure what happened because I thought the SA was simply trying to put the tax refund back onto my card. Then she started explaining to me what happened in Japanese and speaking really fast. Of course I didn’t understand and looked confused. After she repeated to me a couple times she DARED to roll her eyes when she realised I couldn’t really speak Japanese and started to explain again in English.

WHAT HORRIBLE SERVICE!!

First of all, if she could speak English, why didn't she in the first place??? Second of all, how dare she roll her eyes at me when I couldn’t understand her language??

She then disappeared to call some credit card company and handed me the phone. The lady on the other end couldn’t speak any English at all and I wasn’t even sure who she is. I thought she was from my credit card company.

The SA then left me alone with the phone and went to serve another customer.

CAN IT GET ANY WORSE???

I was so lost and gave up talking to this lady on the phone who was just as confused as I am and tried to talk to the SA again and finally worked out what had happened! In the end I gave her another credit card so the amount would go through on that cc. However, I was charged international transaction fees for both transactions since of course the cc fee wouldn’t be refunded!

If only I knew it was this stressful, I would’ve just came back the next day to buy the bag!! I was LIVID and APPALLED at the service! Because their SA was sooo desperate to make a sale, she put me through sooo much trouble and stress!!! And not to mention the disrespect and super bad service I received from the other SA!

I swear after this.. I am never buying anything from Saint Laurent again!!!

But before I finish off…

Can someone please advise how I can get my bag fixed?

I can only find the Retail store contact details online. I am going to ask my friend to call up the Tokyo store where I bought the bag and see what they are going to do, but I’m hoping I can settle the problem without sending my bag all the way to Japan then Japan to wherever to fix the bag, back to Japan then back to Australia.

Thank you in advance!!

Here is a photo of me modelling this bag.. (while the strap was still in tact!!! grrr)

IMG_3737.JPG
Truly sad...