anyone with the chanel rhinestone earrings have this problem too?

jkhuu623

O.G.
Aug 22, 2009
i purchased the chanel rhinestone earrings back in 2006. i never had any problems with them. none of the rhinestones fell out and the posts are not loose. i take care of my jewelry really well. i never shower with them on or wear them when my hair is wet but i noticed that there's green rust growing behind the rhinestones. i'd post pictures but i don't have a camera that can capture the rust. i tried cleaning it with alcohol swabs but that doesn't seem to be working.

anyway, i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what i can do about it? should i take it back to chanel and have them take a look at it? i'm just afraid they'll tell me there's no hope. :cry:

I have had rust issues with the cj before and sent it back to the boutique for repairs. Unfortunately, they couldn't do anyt hing to repair it. Sorry to report...

It's most likely the metal oxidizing. If you apply a cleaner to it with a cotton swab and rub gently, it will come off and you just polish with a clean cotton swab afterwards to make it shine again. Try MAAS polishing creme for all metals. Couldn't tell ya where to get itt though, I've had it for years around the house...but it does work wonders and cleans and polishes like it promises. I've used it on costume jewelry, hardware on bags or luggage(esp LV mono luggage's brass hardware). GL!

i think it's oxidation too. try cleaning them in lime concentrate. it's organic and may just work. this has worked for my LV padlocks. :smile:

thanks for replying. i'll try the lime concentrate and maybe try to buff it out with some jewelry cleaner. it's just so weird.

i actually popped into the store today to ask them about it. they said that because it's so old that they wouldn't be able replace it. the lady did suggest using a little ammonia and water mixture and to soak it in there for a couple minutes but that seems risky... :sad: so sad.