Anyone under the age of 30 own a Papillion?!

MissLianne

PhD in shopping
O.G.
Dec 27, 2008
Goodevening ladies!

As I continue my quest for a new LV bag (been "online" browsing all night) I came across the Papillion 39 in Damier. When I thought about it how it would look on me IRL I realized I usually see it carried by older women.
Any thoughts? Do any of you the younger TPFers own this bag?

I'm completely confused on which bag (or two) to add to my collection. I was *this close* to buying the Galleria the other day (PM in Mono). On that particular day I was wearing my Azur Speedy 30 who right now is about 1 month old. She's going through that "dirty vachetta" phase and it makes me sick! I knowww I need patience but arghh I can't stand it. I didn't mind her when she was crisp but now I just want her to get a lil tan.

I also tried on the Hampstead MM in Damier (as you can see the other item on my wish list) but when I actually tried it on it just reminded me too much of my NF MM (which I also own in Damier). I know its more stiff, and the gold plate is TDF. I would match rather have the Galleria in Damier (but not prepared to go there yet).

I just really want to add a classic new LV to my collection (in Damier or Mono..not interested in the other lines). So that is why I ask you of what you think of the papillion 30?

I'm so torn on what LV to get that I'm thinking of going to satisfy my Gucci craving: the Pelham (w/ the braided handles in the black GG Canvas). If any of you gals own the Pelham I would love to hear your thoughts.

I've also had my eye on the Gucci large web hobo but in the TDF Guccisima leather (I would KILL for the Pelham in Guccisima just don't want to spend almost $3000 on ONE bag). And since the Guccisima hobo is under $1000 I can maybe sneak in an LV that's $1000 and under too!

Help me!
Sorry for the long rant! :smile:

Oh and 2 give you a better idea of my collection:

- Mono Speedy 30
- Neverfull Damier Ebene MM
- Azur Speedy 30
- Multicolore pochette
- Monogram pochette

I have a thing for Guccissima leather too! tehehehe So btwn Guccisima hobo and Papillon 30 in Damier, I would say go for the gucci ;)

note: I actually see a lot of "younger" women carry the papilllon around here. My bff has the Papillon 30 in Damier and it looks great on her.

^^^haaaa now I want both!
I think the Papillion (although in a funky shape is very classic)

I'm dyinggg for the Guccisima hobo! I want something Guccisima soooooooooooooooo bad! How is the quality?

Thanks for the advice.
Why am I sooo bad??

The first LV I bought with my own money was the Damier Papillon 26 :heart:! That was 5 years ago already and I was 19 years old.
I think it's a classic bag with a fun twist and it holds more than it looks. Now that I look back on it, I maybe should have bought the 30. My 26 is a bit small for my daily junk but I still use it on days that I don't need too much with me. And in damier, it's a perfect bad weather bag too.
+ the 30 comes with the super cute mini pap pochette :love:
I think you should go for it!

I have seen many young women with Papillon!!!I like it, it's an icon of the maison, so it's perfect since you're interested in a classic item!Get the 30 size, it comes with a pochette of the same shape, great, isn't it?!

I bought the Damier Papillon 30 when I was 27 (I'm 32 now). I had a friend who purchased the smaller size (she was 24 at the time) and she rocked it well. I actually see more twenty-somethings carrying this bag. It's cute and classic.