Anyone try Venus??

Luv n bags

O.G.
Jun 4, 2008
Mods, please merge if there is a thread on this already.

My dermatologist suggested a procedure to tighten skin on my eyelids and around my eyes. The procedure is called “Venus” and it uses Co2 to treat the areas. My eyes are not that bad, but, the skin could be better. My doc said it is like “shrink-wrapping” the excess skin.

My derm is highly trained in lasers and the other docs in her office are highly trained. All have graduated from prestigious universities and all have 20 plus years under their belts. They work with the who’s who in my community. I trust her opinion and work.

I have never had lasers or peels or treatment on my face. I googled before and after pics and it looks really promising.

Has anyone ever had this series of treatments? I am really interested in doing this. I would love to hear first hand experiences and results.

Please share!

Hi. I had venus Versa 3x with not much results. I did get some improvement but was not what I expected.
There is no down time and should have known that results would not be great with no down time.
Subsequently I had Halo laser that utilizes ablative and non-ablative wavelengths. Some down time but I went to work in 3 days. some peeling redness but not that bad. Ultimately I would like to get non CO 2 laser resurfacing but that would require several days from work.
In the end I would not recommend Venus Versa as minimal results. I did like Halo laser and would get it again.

My dermatologist suggested a procedure to tighten skin on my eyelids and around my eyes. The procedure is called “Venus” and it uses Co2 to treat the areas. My eyes are not that bad, but, the skin could be better. My doc said it is like “shrink-wrapping” the excess skin.

Laser to fix eyelids? I had upper blepharoplasty to fix that. I just told another tpf friend, best thing I did for myself. I LOVE it.

Hi. I had venus Versa 3x with not much results. I did get some improvement but was not what I expected.
There is no down time and should have known that results would not be great with no down time.
Subsequently I had Halo laser that utilizes ablative and non-ablative wavelengths. Some down time but I went to work in 3 days. some peeling redness but not that bad. Ultimately I would like to get non CO 2 laser resurfacing but that would require several days from work.
In the end I would not recommend Venus Versa as minimal results. I did like Halo laser and would get it again.

Thank you for your review. To me, it sounds too good to be true!

Laser to fix eyelids? I had upper blepharoplasty to fix that. I just told another tpf friend, best thing I did for myself. I LOVE it.

I agree that old fashioned surgery is the way to go. It doesn’t look that bad, so, maybe in a year or two. Maybe some fat or filler will temporarily fill it out?

I think of myself as a minor face/neck skin care addict. I'm always researching procedures and get a few myself.
I'm a bit confused what you are trying to achieve with your eyes/eyelids. In your first post you said :
But now you mention fat or filler. I and not familiar why anyone would want to add additional fat to their upper eyelid. Maybe instead of Versa, you were thinking of smart skin around the eyes. That utilizes CO2, called the Madonna eye lift.

https://www.auralaser.com/fractional-co2-laser-skin-seattle/madonna-lift/#faq7 (PS I am not affiliated with this Seattle clinic.)

Keep me posted as I always love to chat about cosmetic procedures. :wave::coolio:
PS, even w/o eye makeup I don't think anyone would notice my upper eyelid scar. I went to an ophthalmologist that specializes in oculo plastic and orbital reconstructive surgery. He is a surgical God IMO for a bleph or eye lift.