anyone shopped at ikea lately?

I think they work with TaskRabbit for assembly.
Some people dismiss Ikea because it is so cheap, but they do have some gems and getting stuff assembled for less than it would cost to buy unassembled is a great deal!
we shopped for white dressers and found the Hemnes was a much better value than others....a bit of a pain to assemble but it's a nice dresser.....don't think my DH would do it again though

When I moved to a new flat, had to but all of the furniture and most of it was from Ikea. I never had previous experience with assembling furniture. But it turned out to be very straightforward. I even enjoyed the process. The only difficulty was with the assembling of the sofa. It was very heavy and I needed help putting it together.

When I moved to a new flat, had to but all of the furniture and most of it was from Ikea. I never had previous experience with assembling furniture. But it turned out to be very straightforward. I even enjoyed the process. The only difficulty was with the assembling of the sofa. It was very heavy and I needed help putting it together.
I guess it takes a certain type of person to follow those instructions. All pictures, no words. My DH is very handy. He did the dresser but it wasn't real fast or easy. And one of the drawer bottoms was missing so I had to go to the store and get another one.

I guess it takes a certain type of person to follow those instructions. All pictures, no words. My DH is very handy. He did the dresser but it wasn't real fast or easy. And one of the drawer bottoms was missing so I had to go to the store and get another one.
This happened to DS. He just located the file online for the missing bit (it was plastic) and 3-D printed it himself.

Whenever I think about putting together Ikea furniture, I think about that Angie Tribeca episode where the assassin's rifle was packed like Ikea furniture and he had to put it together - he ended up with lots of extra bits and a rifle that would not work (he ended up whacking the victim with it).

This happened to DS. He just located the file online for the missing bit (it was plastic) and 3-D printed it himself.

Whenever I think about putting together Ikea furniture, I think about that Angie Tribeca episode where the assassin's rifle was packed like Ikea furniture and he had to put it together - he ended up with lots of extra bits and a rifle that would not work (he ended up whacking the victim with it).
ha
there was an episode of The Wire where one detective asked another where to go to buy childrens furniture. He told her "Ikea!"......wanted to keep her busy and away from what he was doing. Later in the episode you saw her throwing parts around in frustration :smile: