Anyone Scared to Wear Diamonds in Public?

You can add diamond jewelry to your homeowner's or renter's insurance policy! I added my engagement ring & it didn't raise my premium by a material amount

Also for what it's worth I live in Chicago & figure if anyone tries to mug me, I'll just shank them with my ring. I shanked my own self with my engagement ring in a dance class a couple months ago and it hurt! It may look pretty but it's a weapon...

I had nearly all of my expensive Tiffany fine jewelry stolen save for what I was wearing, so I insure and wear what I have (which is what the salesperson had told me when I got my D vvs1 solitaire) now. If I can't wear it and enjoy it, why have it and risk losing it? You can add to your homeowner's or renter's policy or buy specific jewelry insurance. It's not free but it's quite freeing.

I had nearly all of my expensive Tiffany fine jewelry stolen save for what I was wearing, so I insure and wear what I have (which is what the salesperson had told me when I got my D vvs1 solitaire) now. If I can't wear it and enjoy it, why have it and risk losing it? You can add to your homeowner's or renter's policy or buy specific jewelry insurance. It's not free but it's quite freeing.
Thanks. I actually posted a reply to my original post, which came off wrong. I've been wearing my Tiffany Soleste ring for over 18 months, every single day. I've really never been scared to wear my ring out in public.

I happened to see a post that got me thinking about crime, so that's why I posted the question. However, I seldom think about crime. I think I must have phrased my question (or my post) incorrectly. I was only thinking about those rare times when I might have to venture alone into a dangerous neighborhood at night, and so on.

That reply was meant for EVERYONE. I'm still kind of learning the forum.

Anyway, Tutu, I'm so sorry that you had ALL of your expensive Tiffany jewelry stolen! I don't know what I'd do if that ever happened. I guess it's another good reason to get insurance. Thanks again, and I hope that NEVER happens to you again!

Absolutely insure your jewelry… Things happen, not only crime related. My grandmother once lost a diamond eternity band in a hotel room on the nightstand. She realized it after returning home and once the maids had gone through the room, it was gone! Maybe vacuumed up, maybe swept up into a pile of bed sheets, maybe on some lucky maid's finger but none the less, gone! She had insurance :smile:
Accidents happen and with insurance, you don't have to live in fear

Amen to everyone who says to get insurance! Wear it in good health without fear and be smart about where you go and when, but I'm sure you're quite aware of that yourself. I wear my gold and diamond jewelry everywhere I go, though I must say that I tend to stick my hands in my pockets or up my sleeves whenever I see suspicious people near me...

That reply was meant for EVERYONE. I'm still kind of learning the forum.

Anyway, Tutu, I'm so sorry that you had ALL of your expensive Tiffany jewelry stolen! I don't know what I'd do if that ever happened. I guess it's another good reason to get insurance. Thanks again, and I hope that NEVER happens to you again!

Thank you so much. A lot of $$$ value was lost, as well as sentimental losses, as each piece had a story behind it. Hopefully someone will learn from my tragedy and wear their jewelry as well as insure it.