Anyone Scared to Wear Diamonds in Public?

Anything you could not easily afford to replace should be insured. And the insurance quotes I've heard (and what I pay to insure) are peanuts compared to the peace of mind they provide. I'm not sure where you get the idea that it is "so expensive" to insure; it is nothing next to a $12K ring, IMO.

I have my diamond ring insured and also live in a big city, the big apple New York!
I wear my diamond ring proudly and not in fear. What good is it to have jewelry if your afraid to wear it.
you know theives are all over the place so you have to be alert wherever you go and be alert. When I do ride the subway, I am alert of my surroundings which I think everyone should be.

:goodpost:
being aware of your surroundings no matter where you are is most important, most thieves and criminals look for those that look bewildered or scared. walking with confidence and purpose definitely is a deterrent!

I do have home security system. Plus my 5ft gun safe that I keep stuff in. It would take a hydrolic lift to get out of my house.
To me the bank safety box isnt convenient, because I do wear my jewlery all the time and would hate to go back and forth to get something I wanted.

I know this will sound crazy but when in a situation where you feel uneasy put your jewelry in your bra then put it back on when you get to a safe destination. Muggers won't strip search you...more of a grab and run. They take what they can easily see.
I've done this for years, all over the world and it works...knock wood!
I have 4 very expensive pieces that I insure because I wouldn't be able to replace them in today's market. But for items under 10K this might be an option.

I have nothing insured and I own 150k worth of jewlery easily. I have 3 cartier bracelets I never take off worth 25k. I really should have things insured and I do worry about theft.

I am not even sure how to get things insured to be honest and what the insurance covers??

Definitely twist your ring around and wear it backwards if you ever feel unsafe.

I don't insure my jewelry and it's in the 6 figure range. It would get too expensive over time. It will be cheaper to just replace lost items. I have a home safe, security system and I carry a gun.
I feel good about that.

If you feel unsafe carry a lil drawstring pouch to put your ring in when you are going from point A to Point B. I do this when I travel and keep it on me instead of a purse.

I do have home security system. Plus my 5ft gun safe that I keep stuff in. It would take a hydrolic lift to get out of my house.
To me the bank safety box isnt convenient, because I do wear my jewlery all the time and would hate to go back and forth to get something I wanted.

The only problem with the safe is that thieves can drill through it. This happened to a friend of mine; they didn't take the safe out, but instead drilled a hole through it. Scary stuff.

The only problem with the safe is that thieves can drill through it. This happened to a friend of mine; they didn't take the safe out, but instead drilled a hole through it. Scary stuff.

Never thought of that,
I did some research on jewelry insurance. Looks like it is 1% to
1 1/2% depending on locations per year.

I remember as a little girl my grandmother would always take off all her rings and put them in her purse when we went to the grocery store near her house. She said she didn't want someone seeing her wearing them and then following her home to break in or mug her. I guess she never worried about anyone snatching her purse. Lol! I live in Houston so I generally just don't wear anything too fancy just wear a plain gold band for my wedding ring. And two gold bangles that I never take off. And gold ball stud earrings. I only pull out the diamonds for special occasions. But my personal style is very minimal.

I know how you feel. I just try to remind myself that personal robberies or muggings are rare. Also, criminals aren't exactly discriminating. You can get targeted even not wearing that ring. There have been a rash of purse snatchings in Philadelphia, and one woman lost her life over a $14 bag. The bastards didn't wait to see if she was carrying LV and wearing nice jewelry before targeting her. Really sad, but it shows that we are perhaps more aware of the value of our accessories than others are.

If I was worried about wearing diamonds/jewelry in public I wouldn't buy jewelry. If I were you I'd return the ring. It seems like it's causing more of a problem than bringing you happiness.