Books & Music Anyone Read "The Hunger Games" Trilogy?

Jun 24, 2006
I'm on the 3rd book ("Mockingjay") -- and I am SO IMPRESSED. I cannot put these books down. The first two I finished in 3 days! Anyone else reading these books?

Btw... I'm Team Peeta :blush:

The first book was recommeneded to my son by our very favorite librarian :heart: and he has read all three numerous times. He LOVES them.

They are on my TBR pile. I know I'll read them someday.

I haven't read it yet; am considering it, but I have read something similar to it. There was a manga series / book, Battle Royale which is very good and The Hunger Games echoes it :smile:.

After reading the plot, I'm thinking of reading these soon. I've got a lot of books lined up next so it'll be awhile until I'll read this but definitely a book I am looking forward to reading.

Read the first book and found it very, very similar to "The Long Walk", "The Running Man" (both Stephen King short stories) and "Battle Royale" as someone mentioned. Also, man, I can handle blood but these books are pretty graphic and violent, esp. considering they're for the younger set. Goes to show how kids/teens are growing immune to violence these days.

Nonetheless, I will continue the series because I do like the rebels vs. tyrannical government struggle.

LOVE these books!!! I definitely preferred the first and the second to the third, but I think they're all great. I even have a Mockingjay pin!

I loved The Hunger Games and Catching Fire but was very disappointed in Mockingjay. Total letdown.

I just finished "Catching Fire" and loved it even more than the "Hunger Games". I like the political intrigue as well as how the rebellion is slowly revealed. But so sad to hear (not just from you but from lots of reviews) that the third part is not so good. I still have it on reserve, though, because I hate to leave a series dangling.