Anyone have Keratin treatment done at Ulta?

I got keratin treatment once and saw no difference. The procedure was quite pricy tho... perhaps it also depends on the master :noworry:
It could depend on the type of product use. I didn't realize this but there are a LOT of different strengths of the product out there.

If you go to https://www.thesmoothbar.com/services.html you can see some of them and their descriptions from my salon, anyway. They use brand name products too which she said makes a big difference because diff manufacturers have diff quality products! :smile: . didn't know any of this till she explained it all to me.

It was amazing!!! I got it done in early December (got the Global Keratin, which is a lighter treatment without the strong formaldehyde chemicals) and my hair has looked like perfection for the last 2 months. It is starting to wash out a bit now (they say 2-3 months, mine I think is right in that range). I work out a lot though and the lady told me that the salt in sweat can make it come out more. But it is sooo smooth and not frizzy at all. And it is super easy to manage and dry. I literally no longer use any product in my hair after shampooing! Amazing. I look like I stepped out of a salon every day when I wake up! ROFL. Cannot recommend it enough.

I didn't end up going to Ulta though. I went to a specialty salon that only does Keratin because they had like 10 different options of different strengths of treatment. We did a 20 min consultation first and the lady recommended the GK treatment over a stronger one for my hair type, and I think that was perfect. It allowed me to keep my volume too, so my hair was not too flat. It was $150. So worth it!

Anyway, I have my hair highlights scheduled for tomorrow and then another GK next week. By the way, the treatment seals in the color of any highlights so so well! I am just so happy I discovered this. Apparently this treatment will "build upon" the prior one so they told me it should last about 4 months this time. Fine by me. If it doesn't, I may get a stronger version next time that lasts 6 months, just so I don't have to keep going back. But frankly this has changed my life! :smile:

So glad it worked out for you. I agree, it's a game changer! My hair would frizz if I stood near a pot of boiling water, so I know what you mean. And your hair looks fab!!!!

It could depend on the type of product use. I didn't realize this but there are a LOT of different strengths of the product out there.

If you go to https://www.thesmoothbar.com/services.html you can see some of them and their descriptions from my salon, anyway. They use brand name products too which she said makes a big difference because diff manufacturers have diff quality products! :smile: . didn't know any of this till she explained it all to me.
ok, thank you :amuse: