Anyone have gotten a croc export permit from US Fish & Wlidlife?

babielovah

Born to Shop!
O.G.
Mar 17, 2007
Has anyone have successfully gotten a crocodile item export permit from US fish & wildlife? I have looked all over their web site (confusing), and talked to many staffs over the phone (they all have no idea?!)
Anyone can direct me to the right direction or contact number for the appropriate department would be very appreciated. 💐💐💐
This is like a mystery to solve. I have been searching all day. It’s unbelievable how little information there are about this in 2024. 😐

Has anyone have successfully gotten a crocodile item export permit from US fish & wildlife? I have looked all over their web site (confusing), and talked to many staffs over the phone (they all have no idea?!)
Anyone can direct me to the right direction or contact number for the appropriate department would be very appreciated. 💐💐💐
This is like a mystery to solve. I have been searching all day. It’s unbelievable how little information there are about this in 2024. 😐
Why do you need an export permit? If you are taking an Hermès bag out of the US, you (may) need an import permit to the country you are going to...used personal items in the crocodile that H uses can be taken in and out of the US, as they are Appendix II....

Why do you need an export permit? If you are taking an Hermès bag out of the US, you (may) need an import permit to the country you are going to...used personal items in the crocodile that H uses can be taken in and out of the US, as they are Appendix II....
I’m getting an item for a friend who lives in Europe. She asked me to apply for the permit for her.

I’m getting an item for a friend who lives in Europe. She asked me to apply for the permit for her.
You're shipping it? You want this.

You are not shipping it, but carrying it new (unused) as a gift? I would be more concerned about importing into the EU. EU allows (like US) up to 4 exotic skin items but ONLY for personal use.

:shrugs:

You are not shipping it, but carrying it new (unused) as a gift? I would be more concerned about importing into the EU. EU allows (like US) up to 4 exotic skin items but ONLY for personal use.

Yes, I will be sending it to her. She said it needs be properly declared (with the permit) in order for her to travel in Europe in future. I tried to call wildlife at so many different lines. They don’t seem to be very knowledgeable or just don’t pick up phone. 😐

Whichever direction the item is passing
if an import or export document is required
unless it is old enough not to come under the regulations
it has to be shown that the endangered species elements
come from certified sources.
It is not just as simple as applying for a document for, let's say,
a crocodile bag that you have in your possession.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
You (OP) now have the licensing link for export :shrugs: the CITES is not all you need in this circumstance as it only documents that the item has proper provenance. This is actual export/import.

You could do it all perfectly and still lose the item at customs entering the EU (if it's the EU, you only say Europe).

Personally I wouldn't even try to do this no matter how good a friend, but YDY :flowers:

What's the item? Is it Hermes?

I think some people may not be cleared on what I’m asking. I’m asking about the re-export permit that is issued by the fish and wildlife. Not the cites. I have the cites. In order to ship the piece to my friend I need to declare it with customs and apply for an export permit from fish & wildlife.

• Insightful
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags