Anyone have a Julian Backpack?

Gwennabee

May 19, 2012
I've been away for a while and the Julian Backpack has caught my eye. Does anyone have one? Any opinions about it (feel when worn, quality, etc.)?

Hoping to get some input before I buy one :smile:

:ty:

i was about to get one in Orangina but i hesitate about the bubble leather which looks thin and not so durable to me. the other one using another type of leather may be better but no guarantee. i recommend you go to a dept store nearby to find it out first.

Thanks for the info! I've never heard of bubble leather. Is that the same as pebbled?

I may just buy one from someplace with free return shipping. I don't have the time to drive to the nearest department store with one in stock 1+ hours away :P

RM has been using 'bubble' leather for several seasons. the 'creases' are deeper than those on the pebble leather. some members bought the bubble leather MAM before and found the leather very thin and difficult to maintain.
good for you for free return. :smile:

Thanks for the info! I've never heard of bubble leather. Is that the same as pebbled?

I may just buy one from someplace with free return shipping. I don't have the time to drive to the nearest department store with one in stock 1+ hours away :P

Attachments

• julian_orangina.jpg
    julian_orangina.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 344
Ooh! Thanks for clarifying! And it seems this is the leather they are using for the two I am looking at.

What a disappointment to use inferior leather. Especially on a backpack that would certainly see more wear than a regular bag.

Thanks so much for the info!!

I have a logan backpack that i believe uses the same leather and it's actually really nice quality.

RM is SO hit or miss nowadays though in terms of quality, it's really sad to me. I'd definitely suggest checking it out in person or at the least making sure you purchase it from somewhere with a good return policy.

I have a logan backpack that i believe uses the same leather and it's actually really nice quality.

RM is SO hit or miss nowadays though in terms of quality, it's really sad to me. I'd definitely suggest checking it out in person or at the least making sure you purchase it from somewhere with a good return policy.

Thanks! I am kinda obsessed with the bag so I will probably buy online with the option to return.

I've been avoiding new RM bags because if quality issues but it's been hard to say no!