Anyone had a buyer resell an item with your auction info?

luvmycloset

Apr 2, 2008
I have just very recently started selling on ebay to clear out some closet space and one of the items I sold was a coach bag and wristlet. They sold for a really low price considering that i'd not even used the wristlet which still had the tags and the bag had been carried maybe 3 times tops. So it sold, buyer paid quickly, i shipped, got postitive feedback etc. But then I was browsing around searching for a discontinued mini skinny that I want and I saw my bag and wristlet set, I knew it was mine because it was MY pictures that I had taken and used in my auction! So I look and sure enough it's the lady I sold it to, which it's not that I care if she sells it, its her bag now she can do whatever she want with it. But she just took all the pictures and description from my ended auction and used them, the only difference is that she jacked up the shipping charge. Should I just let it go, the auction already ended with a buy it now anyway. Or should I just contact her and tell her that in the future she should use her own photos and descriptions and not let others do the work for her. What would you guys do?

you can report the listing to ebay and have it pulled :smile:

i do that sometimes but ask permission from the seller that i bought the item from...but dont jack up anything..

I have reused pics/descriptions of things I have bought that havent fit, or that I ended up not liking. But I always ask permission first, and let the seller know, so they dont have any surprises like you did.

I think that it's creepy and offensive that someone uses someone elses pics especially if that haven't asked the seller. Take your own dang pics!!! It always makes me think that they're trying to run a scam. Watermarking doesn't doesn't always keep thieves from taking your pics, but it will deter the lazy at least a little bit.

I went ahead and reported it, but since the auction had already ended with a buy it now I doubt anything will be done about it. I really thought about telling the buyer that I didn't appreciate the copying of my entire listing but then I decided against it since she had already left me positive feedback, I'm afraid she could go in and do a reponse or something and tack on something nasty.

I had a buyer relist an item with my description and pictures but they emailed me to ask (after the fact though). I didn't mind- I'd sold it for a good price and the buyer wasn't trying to cover up the fact that he'd bought it just a week earlier from me.

Someone tried touse my pictures once, I emailed her immedaitely and told her to take it down or I would report her to eBay in 24 hrs, she took it down and apoligized.
I've had others use my descriptions, but since they had low feedback and poor or few pictures, the bags sold for less, their loss, oh well.

Picture stealing I do not tolerate, words, oh well no biggy.
Cheers,

Back when I used to sell, I had people use my pics a couple of times. I messaged them and asked them to please not use MY pictures and they took them down. I always watermark/write my user name over pics, and once someone used my pic and just doodled over my name using microsoft paint :blink:

I have just very recently started selling on ebay to clear out some closet space and one of the items I sold was a coach bag and wristlet. They sold for a really low price considering that i'd not even used the wristlet which still had the tags and the bag had been carried maybe 3 times tops. So it sold, buyer paid quickly, i shipped, got postitive feedback etc. But then I was browsing around searching for a discontinued mini skinny that I want and I saw my bag and wristlet set, I knew it was mine because it was MY pictures that I had taken and used in my auction! So I look and sure enough it's the lady I sold it to, which it's not that I care if she sells it, its her bag now she can do whatever she want with it. But she just took all the pictures and description from my ended auction and used them, the only difference is that she jacked up the shipping charge. Should I just let it go, the auction already ended with a buy it now anyway. Or should I just contact her and tell her that in the future she should use her own photos and descriptions and not let others do the work for her. What would you guys do?

I have let a buyer use my photos when requested. But recently I saw an auction that was so obviously my auction template for Chanel, I was stunned. I had three of my buyers email me to see if I was selling under another user id! I guess I should be flattered that she liked my auction well enough to copy it, but I worked very hard on that template and would have appreciated a request to use it, and maybe to paraphrase it instead of virtually copying it word for word. It was just the one time, and it really is no biggie - but darn it, do your own work. And if not, please ask!