Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Hopefully it's just the buyer wants to check on the bag thoroughly before she committed to the purchase. But I'm telling you, you are very brave, and many sellers like you are, I just can not do that, I can't sell anything expensive to any strangers without some kind of guarantee, especially if something that high value, that's why lots of times I took huge hit selling to consignments or going through third party.

Since you had contacted tradsey and they had confirmed you to ship, I would think tradsey has to take some responsibility if anything happens. I guess now you will have to sit and wait and getting all the files ready just in case the buyer is a scammer.
Yes, that is what I'm hoping. I was going to consign the bag to Fashionphile or RR, but the payout would have been so much less. If she returns the bag I will just have FP sell it.

Tradesy's software is a mess. A few weeks ago they sent me a message that said my listings were going to expire if I didn't log in. I went to the site and saw I was already logged in. I wasn't sure if that would register with their system so I created a new listing. The next day I sold something. That was on April 12. I shipped, the buyer received it, the money was released, I withdrew it, and it is now in my bank account.

Today they sent me this message:
"We haven’t seen you login to Tradesy for over 60 days so we’ve deactivated your listings just in case you’re not interested in selling them anymore. If you still want a chance at those earnings, all you have to do is login to the Tradesy website or app!"

I go to the site, which I am already logged into, and all my listings have been removed.
Yes, I'm having the same issue!!!!

Reactions: whateve
Tradesy's software is a mess. A few weeks ago they sent me a message that said my listings were going to expire if I didn't log in. I went to the site and saw I was already logged in. I wasn't sure if that would register with their system so I created a new listing. The next day I sold something. That was on April 12. I shipped, the buyer received it, the money was released, I withdrew it, and it is now in my bank account.

Today they sent me this message:
"We haven’t seen you login to Tradesy for over 60 days so we’ve deactivated your listings just in case you’re not interested in selling them anymore. If you still want a chance at those earnings, all you have to do is login to the Tradesy website or app!"

I go to the site, which I am already logged into, and all my listings have been removed.
Yes, I'm having the same issue!!!!
Me too. I emailed them and CS responded that it's a well-known "technical issue" and they had forwarded it to their tech team. Oh I'm so "happy" to re-activate over a hundred listings manually. That's what they advised to do and there won't be any further help from them.
My shop is on permanent vacation anyway, I'm just hanging there until policy changes and they stop pushing returns on sellers. But I'm active as a buyer and I'm always logged in to remove listings sold elsewhere.

Last edited:
Me too. I emailed them and CS responded that it's a well-known "technical issue" and they had forwarded it to their tech team. Oh I'm so "happy" to re-activate over a hundred listings manually. That's what they advised to do and there won't be any further help from them.
My shop is on permanent vacation anyway, I'm just hanging there until policy changes and they stop pushing returns on sellers. But I'm active as a buyer and I'm always logged in to remove listings sold elsewhere.
What a pain!!! I do not have time to relist all of my items either.

How do you guys respond to a buyer that wants to know if the shoes that I'm selling will fit her. I just responded that I cannot I cannot confirm they that will fit you. I said I wear this size and they fit me perfectly.

tradesy deactivated over 100 listings AGAIN just after I re-activated them one by one per their advise. I can't even...it's not a real company run by grownups, what a joke.
I wholeheartedly agree! They have become a joke of a company..at least for selling luxury items! I had listed two goyard St. Louis totes and had the original receipts for both. I took pics of them and because I didn’t have the attached pouches, they canceled the sale of one but not the other. It didn’t make any sense. I submitted all of the extra pics they asked for. Anyway, that’s when I decided to only sell on eBay. Ebay’s fees are lower, I haven’t dealt with any returns, and the bag is sent to a legitimate authenticator before being shipped to the buyer. This protects me, as a seller, because the buyer can’t claim the item is inauthentic or in a condition that does not match the description. I just don’t understand what the advantages are for people to sell on tradesy. More trouble than it’s worth. They don’t know what they’re doing and are going overboard with protecting the buyer, if you ask me.

OMG, it happened to me too.
For those affected, now Tradesy has a new solution - log out and log in again. You will get a pop-up notification that asks if you want to re-activate your removed listings. Click re-activate. It goes to non-responsive mode, but the listings are restored, except for featured. You need to feature them again manually. Looks like they just came up with this fixture. Funny, how CS now says it was the solution all the way and they didn't advise to manually re-activate removed listings. Like we loooove spending time fixing their glitches which shouldn't be there from the first place.

I wholeheartedly agree! They have become a joke of a company..at least for selling luxury items! I had listed two goyard St. Louis totes and had the original receipts for both. I took pics of them and because I didn’t have the attached pouches, they canceled the sale of one but not the other. It didn’t make any sense. I submitted all of the extra pics they asked for. Anyway, that’s when I decided to only sell on eBay. Ebay’s fees are lower, I haven’t dealt with any returns, and the bag is sent to a legitimate authenticator before being shipped to the buyer. This protects me, as a seller, because the buyer can’t claim the item is inauthentic or in a condition that does not match the description. I just don’t understand what the advantages are for people to sell on tradesy. More trouble than it’s worth. They don’t know what they’re doing and are going overboard with protecting the buyer, if you ask me.
Right, Tradesy is a mess and their so-called authenticators by photos are a joke. They removed my auth Tiffany's bracelet a year ago claiming I didn't post enough pictures to confirm authenticity. I actually did and I emailed CS with screenshots that show all stamps and closeups. After they removed I complained and they brushed it off. I sold it on Poshmark and it was authenticated there. No issues.
Then I had a buyer who bought my Dior bag, her return was lost in mail and I had to wait over a month without having the item or getting paid. I filed claim with BBB and got paid after a month. I din't know if they ever got that return, shouldn't be the seller's problem for the high commission we are paying to them. eBay wouldn't refund unless return is delivered, but Tradesy hasn't even paid to the seller over a month and kept saying "wait longer". For luxury items Tradesy is the worst!

Reactions: earthygirl
How long does it take to get Tradesy payout? I called Tradesy CS on Friday and they said I would get my payout today. My funds still are not there!!!
The day they say your funds are released is never the actual day. It's usually the next day. If you are transferring the money to an outside account, they say it takes up to a week but usually just a couple days.

How long does it take to get Tradesy payout? I called Tradesy CS on Friday and they said I would get my payout today. My funds still are not there!!!
It depends on a withdrawal method you chose. When I withdraw to my paypal account, I get money in 2-3 days. If to my bank account, then it can take more than a week. So I figured it has nothing to do with Tradesy, it depends how long it takes your bank to process a payment. So now, I only withdraw to my PayPal, and get the money very fast.

Reactions: whateve