Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

So PP isn't any faster than a bank deposit. I'm still waiting on my last transfer....and I haven't sold anything on Tradesy in a little over 3 weeks (an all time record for no sales for me) but I'm torn because I feel reluctant to make any more sales until I get my $$$ transferred from the previous sale!
Record of NO SALES here for me as well. I just keep on making listings and removing them before they even have 3 likes on Tradesy. By the time they get anywhere NEAR a good spot in their search bar, I already sell them on Mercari, fb market or posh.
I've been stalking a bunch of "small" closets (100 items or less) and looks like nothing is moving there. Only closets with huge sales are tradesy, and the Chinese business sellers. I recently had 3 buyers in one day asking me if im located in the US- so I think Tradesy buyers are starting to catch on to what's happening.
last year end of November I was killing it on tradesy. now it's just dead. Buttttt I shipped my 2 chanel bags and a Neverfull damier to Thredup Luxe so lets see what happens :biggrin::smartass:

Record of NO SALES here for me as well. I just keep on making listings and removing them before they even have 3 likes on Tradesy. By the time they get anywhere NEAR a good spot in their search bar, I already sell them on Mercari, fb market or posh.
I've been stalking a bunch of "small" closets (100 items or less) and looks like nothing is moving there. Only closets with huge sales are tradesy, and the Chinese business sellers. I recently had 3 buyers in one day asking me if im located in the US- so I think Tradesy buyers are starting to catch on to what's happening.
last year end of November I was killing it on tradesy. now it's just dead. Buttttt I shipped my 2 chanel bags and a Neverfull damier to Thredup Luxe so lets see what happens :biggrin::smartass:
Can you give us any more details on the Chanels and Neverfull... I will watch for them on Thredup Luxe. Not really looking for any new bags right now but who knows.......................................:smile:

Yep, that's me---less than 100 items and no sales. lol
I'm just gradually listing my things on eBay as I have time and when I am in the mood.

You know what’s sad? I half-heartedly listed a bag on my Tradesy account last week (even though I swore up and down I’d quit Tradesy) and “overpriced” it due to the increased commission just so I could break even. I also submitted the bag to Fashionphile for a quote.

Well, it turns out Fashionphile offered me $50 less than what I’d earn on Tradesy. Guess what I did? :yucky:

Yep, that's me---less than 100 items and no sales. lol
I'm just gradually listing my things on eBay as I have time and when I am in the mood.
I have just over 100 listings on Tradesy. I have items listed on Tradesy, ebay and Bonanza. I've made 3 sales in less than a week on Tradesy. I still make more sales on ebay, but that's probably because I have more items listed there. I have a lot of cheap clothing that wouldn't make economic sense to sell on Tradesy.

Reactions: EGBDF
You know what’s sad? I half-heartedly listed a bag on my Tradesy account last week (even though I swore up and down I’d quit Tradesy) and “overpriced” it due to the increased commission just so I could break even. I also submitted the bag to Fashionphile for a quote.

Well, it turns out Fashionphile offered me $50 less than what I’d earn on Tradesy. Guess what I did? :yucky:

Seriously! My items actually DO show up in Tradesy search, and I have a decent number of likes. But since I repriced for the new commission, I know have a lot of these "add more info" red banners on my items in my closet- when I open them to edit, it says "people are loving your item try lowering your price to $xxx.xx". Which means these are not price competitive, but how can they be when I need to uplift 30% just to break even? If I sell on ebay I can knock down the tradesy price by 15% right off the bat - although ebay is a pita, we all know that.

I have just over 100 listings on Tradesy. I have items listed on Tradesy, ebay and Bonanza. I've made 3 sales in less than a week on Tradesy. I still make more sales on ebay, but that's probably because I have more items listed there. I have a lot of cheap clothing that wouldn't make economic sense to sell on Tradesy.
Do you ever sell anything on Bonanza?

My last transfer from Tradesy to PP took 9 days! I'm hesitant to sell on that site now. I've been thinking about taking the store down. Anyway today, i got 2 sales worth $130 and i haven't confirmed the sales. The items are really nice and i would rather sell them on Ebay or Poshmark. I'm also nervous about Tradesy's fraudulent returnpractice. I've been burnt by a buyer who ruined an item i sold to her and returned it. Tradesy didn't even look at my listing pics to see the item was in good condition when i mailed it out. I'm conflicted, don't know what to do.

My last transfer from Tradesy to PP took 9 days! I'm hesitant to sell on that site now. I've been thinking about taking the store down. Anyway today, i got 2 sales worth $130 and i haven't confirmed the sales. The items are really nice and i would rather sell them on Ebay or Poshmark. I'm also nervous about Tradesy's fraudulent returnpractice. I've been burnt by a buyer who ruined an item i sold to her and returned it. Tradesy didn't even look at my listing pics to see the item was in good condition when i mailed it out. I'm conflicted, don't know what to do.
It's a risk, no matter where you list. I try not to sell anything that I can't afford to take a loss on, in case I don't get paid for it.

Didn't Tradesy just handle the return for you and buy it into their Abbey Road account?
Returns are the only reason I, as a seller, prefer to sell on Tradesy. I loved Tradesy before these payout delays. I am on day 8 of a paypal transfer initiated on the 14th.

I had no sales earlier this month, but I just sold 3 items on Tradesy in the past 3 days, so things are picking up. I'm not too concerned about their viabilty after all the publicity with the LV toilet. I think they just decided to delay income to sellers as a business decision, which is unfortunate but not a complete deal breaker for me, YET.

Reactions: whateve
Didn't Tradesy just handle the return for you and buy it into their Abbey Road account?
Returns are the only reason I, as a seller, prefer to sell on Tradesy. I loved Tradesy before these payout delays. I am on day 8 of a paypal transfer initiated on the 14th.

I had no sales earlier this month, but I just sold 3 items on Tradesy in the past 3 days, so things are picking up. I'm not too concerned about their viabilty after all the publicity with the LV toilet. I think they just decided to delay income to sellers as a business decision, which is unfortunate but not a complete deal breaker for me, YET.
No,the lady returned the item with one of the gemstones on it broken, so Tradesy claimed the item was misrepresented. Even though the pics i took of the item clearly showed all the gemstones were intact. The most upsetting thing about that case was that they refunded the buyer without asking for my side of the story. No request for evidence from me or anything! At least with Ebay or Poshmark, they'll ask the seller for their side of the story before they arrive at a decision.

No,the lady returned the item with one of the gemstones on it broken, so Tradesy claimed the item was misrepresented. Even though the pics i took of the item clearly showed all the gemstones were intact. The most upsetting thing about that case was that they refunded the buyer without asking for my side of the story. No request for evidence from me or anything! At least with Ebay or Poshmark, they'll ask the seller for their side of the story before they arrive at a decision.
I think you would have lost the case on ebay too. When it is a she said, she said, they don't know who to believe, so they side with the buyer.

I think you would have lost the case on ebay too. When it is a she said, she said, they don't know who to believe, so they side with the buyer.
I respectfully disagree. I have been selling on Ebay for more than 7 years and i have never lost an INAD case with them. That's the reason i take clear pictures of all angles of the item before listing. I've been on Poshmark for 2 years and have had 2 fraudulent buyers, those two cases were decided in my favor when i presented my evidence. I don't know what your experience has been with Ebay, but mine is different.

I respectfully disagree. I have been selling on Ebay for more than 7 years and i have never lost an INAD case with them. That's the reason i take clear pictures of all angles of the item before listing. I've been on Poshmark for 2 years and have had 2 fraudulent buyers, those two cases were decided in my favor when i presented my evidence. I don't know what your experience has been with Ebay, but mine is different.
Your experience with ebay has been different from mine. I have also been selling since 2009. I had a return (I accept returns) where the buyer didn't return everything she received. It was a planner complete with the inserts, and she kept the inserts. I had to give her the full refund anyway. I did win a case in which the buyer claimed the bag was too small; the measurements were in the listing and I description said it was small. I had a buyer purposely damage a purse in order to not have to pay my restocking fee. I didn't even fight it.

I had one Tradesy buyer claim my item wasn't authentic. Tradesy sided with me and resold it themselves. I believe ebay would have forced me to take the return.