Anyone else with a spouse/s.o. who doesn't get LV?

my bf don't understand the price, but he understand my collection. he knows i love my handbags and wallets. at the moment he can't justify himself getting me a handbag. but he makes it up with purchasing other gifts with equal or less value.

You are so not alone! I have been with my husband for 7 years and a purse lover my whole life. He doesn't get it and I don't think he ever will. He does respect me enough to let me make my own decisions. It doesn't bother me when I see other people being gifted bags from their husbands because I take pride in buying them for myself. Don't let it get to you! It doesn't matter how you get them, just get them!

You can explain to him that bags are like other things in life with high-end vs low-end such as cars: Ferrari vs Hyundai, jewellery: cz vs diamond, etc. Sure, both cars get you from A to B but it's the smoothness of the drive, way the car handles, sound of the car's engine. You can apply the same principle to your LV bags (or other premium designer bag) and hopefully he will understand.

My boyfriend "gets it" as far as loving the bags, but he thinks the prices are beyond stupid. He really wants a damier graphite messenger bag for himself for work but would never fork over the cash. I might get him one for his 30th birthday :sneaky: But yeah, I'm never expecting any LV gifts from him... although I did joke that he could get me an "engagement purse" instead of a diamond ring :P

I actually told my fiancé this! :smile:

He appreciates the workmanship and the heritage behind the brands (LV, Hermes, Prada, Gucci, in particular) but won't fork over $$$ for brand new ones for the most part. This is a guy who does "smart shopping" so he'd rather spend on what we ladies call "pre-loved" for luxury items most of the time vs paying full price for retail. I remember talking a lot to him about the history of the brands and how they last long (barring unfortunate incidents in quality by some recently) before he became more supportive of my preference for signature purses and SLGs. Supportive, but not necessarily showering me with purses. I got a few such items from him but for the most part i buy my own. And I'm fine with it.

(but he is a kind one and gave me an engagement ring nonetheless :smile: )

I actually told my fiancé this! :smile:

He appreciates the workmanship and the heritage behind the brands (LV, Hermes, Prada, Gucci, in particular) but won't fork over $$$ for brand new ones for the most part. This is a guy who does "smart shopping" so he'd rather spend on what we ladies call "pre-loved" for luxury items most of the time vs paying full price for retail. I remember talking a lot to him about the history of the brands and how they last long (barring unfortunate incidents in quality by some recently) before he became more supportive of my preference for signature purses and SLGs. Supportive, but not necessarily showering me with purses. I got a few such items from him but for the most part i buy my own. And I'm fine with it.

(but he is a kind one and gave me an engagement ring nonetheless :smile: )

Your fiance sounds very similar to my BF! He's a pretty frugal guy and likes to bargain hunt. I love him for it though because he's definitely the better saver of the two of us. He's insisting on a diamond ring though even though I could easily do without ;) Boys, ya gotta love em!

You are surely not alone!My boyfriend doesn't get my love for LV! I can understand him cause it's difficult for men to realise why we spend too much money for hadbags!Nevertheless, he bought me my first LV and when he saw me carrying it he confessed that it's a very feminine kai stylish bag:hbeat:!!

You are so not alone! I have been with my husband for 7 years and a purse lover my whole life. He doesn't get it and I don't think he ever will. He does respect me enough to let me make my own decisions. It doesn't bother me when I see other people being gifted bags from their husbands because I take pride in buying them for myself. Don't let it get to you! It doesn't matter how you get them, just get them!

Thank you - great advice!! :smile: :hugs:

My Fiance' wasn't really into LV, and thought they were just really exspensive, until I took him to the Maision in Sydney and he tried on a limited edition lambskin jacket which cost $8000. Then he saw that LV is quality and has heritage. He actually kept taling about the leather jacket afterwards.

I also bought him a Damier Graphite wallet for Christmas and he is starting to like LV

He did nearly have a heart attack though when I was talking about my new LV sunglasses and he asked what they cost...and I decided to be honest and tell him: $680

:sneaky:

Awww that sucks that some dont get it. Maybe they will come around! At least you can still get them on your own.

My Mr gets it lol. I have taught him very well. He didn't get my love for shoes at first but not only does he get it he now loves shoes (Ferragamo and Prada) too! His very first gift to me was a DA Speedy 35 but I asked for a 25 or 30. His reasoning was well it was only a few dollars more for more of your junk lol.

He has a couple of LV pieces himself but he went to Gucci after the paneling in one of LV luggage wasn't fixed by LV.

I don't know who gets more compliments on our things now, him or me!

Not mention he got my Delightful and bandeau for me. I told him about the bandeau but he picked the Delightful all by himself! Im working on my next bag from him lol. I love that he loves to surprise me!