Anyone else tired of black handbags and adding colour to their collection?

fryedaze said:
Kezza and Gucci Gal:

How are you going to wear your green bags?

I stepped outside the box when I bought a Phoebe in Olive this year (love the color), but have yet to figure out how to wear it. I don't have any olive shoes (although am looking...). Most of my work clothes are black, brown, tan, gray and ivory (boring, boring - I know!!).

Ideas?? :shrugs:

Well, my green bag is pretty pale, and I think it will work well with my neutral clothes, my browns and blacks. I don't think I would wear it with gray, though, that would be too muted. I'm not sure how it'll look with blue jeans, though. It's not going to come until tomorrow or Monday, and I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a week long vacation. *sigh*
Your olive Phoebe would probably look beautiful with brown, black and gray, and would seriously pop with something in a nice rusty orange. I don't usually try to hard to match my shoes to my bag, but if I was trying to match olive to my shoes I'd probably go with tan or brown. Something says warm and woody about olive, not stark and black. Like wear it with a nice heather gray sweater if you're rocking a predominantly monochrome outfit. Mulberry chooses such nice neutral colors that I'd have a hard time thinking of something that would look legitimately bad. I'd stay away from reds and other greens, I think.

Lol..the only black bag I own is from the LV multicolore line..but even then it's not completely black.
I usually like my bags to make the statement, not my clothes, so I love adding pops of color with my bags :smile:

I honestly can't stand that saying that _ is the new _. Everything is it's own thing whether it be a color or piece of clothing, etc.
But I also agree..red is hot this year and in some cases, metallics (think LV's Miroir line; gold and silver) and whites are in.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
You actually posted this question twice really. . . I'm merging them now.

Actually it is two different question. What is the new "black" of the season? And secondly are people tired of black and trying to incorporate colour into their collection. I am trying to add colour and wanted to hear what people have to say. Thought of question two after the fact but, one post would have been good. You only have a few minutes to edit then that's all but, thanks for your two cents.