Anyone else feel the inside of a Bal is just a bit...naff?!

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
Having become the proud owner of a Chloé Paraty recently, it's made me realise that Balenciaga really seem to skimp on the linings of their bags for the price we pay! My Paraty was £20 less than the cost of a Giant City and the lining is so luxurious, it's a thick grainy cotton and the pockets are finished off with leather trims and the lining often is in a contrasting colour to the bag. My Black Fusain Paraty (basically the Chloé version of Anthra!) has cream cotton lining which is great because it's not a big 'black hole' as I often find that my Giant City is!

Don't get me wrong, I still adore my Balenciaga (I now have just the Papyrus Giant City) but I sold my Anthra rose gold Giant City to fund the purchase of my Chloé and I was so worried for ages that I would have seller's regret but having owned my Paraty since December now and realising how much more luxurious it feels, I almost wish I had done it sooner!

Aside from bringing back G21, there is nothing I want Bal to change about the exterior of their bags. But man, I wish they would make the interior better! In fact, if they did do that, I might even be tempted to get another one even though I swore I would never buy G12!

Yep, I'd have to agree. And would add that the lack of interior pockets is also disappointing. That's one reason why I like the Club, which at least has an extra--good sized--pocket on the back exterior. But it wasn't made for very long and I'm not in love with the leathers/colours it came in. Plus, no GSH in that style.

I find myself abandoning my Bals in favour of my MZ Wallace and Roots bags for sheer practicality.

Glad to hear your enjoying your Chloe.

I think part of the simple linings is to keep the bag light which I appreciate. Some of my older firsts and hobos barely weigh anything at all. I just can't do heavy bags anymore so the lining doesn't really bother me.

I think Bal needs to find a way to improve their lining and color fading issue since their bags are quite expensive and come on, they've earned enough to put more money back into the products. Loewe doesn't have problem with color fading issue with their lamb and goatskin leather.:huh:

On the other hand, I don't think Chloé worth the price, super heavy, cheap plated hardware, leather? i duno, just don't feel the luxury when touch it. I mean its chin but for the price, i will get sth else. :graucho:

Sdelmoore, I have seen many people posting on here that they really like the bold look of the G21 and are upset that it was changed. Personally, I like the very old hardware and the new G12. It's just the right size for me. :smile:

Yes, I'm a G21 girl! I never really likes regular hardware either but then I do like my bling! Not OTT or tacky bling but I love my sparkly jewellery and my jewellery is always a little on the chunky side, never delicate and discreet. So the G21 suited me a lot better. I think those who like regular also like G12 because it's almost like a regular bag but with the extra pizzazz of the G12 hardware. For those of us who are diehard G21 fans, the G12 has been very hard to swallow and I still haven't grown to like it enough to buy! I also dislike how they changed the dimensions of the bags as well, especially the City. My Giant City has wider handles with a bigger drop and the shoulder strap is also chunkier. A little while back there was a post on here from someone who thought she had purchased a fake because she wasn't expecting the G12 bags to feel so light and flimsy in comparison to her G21!

Regarding the Paraty, I absolutely adore it! I get that it's much heavier and chunkier leather but I do like a heavier bag, hence why I never struggled with the weight of the G21. The hardware on the Paraty is quite minimal and whilst I don't think it looks cheap, I do wish they did it in silver! But I still adore the bag and it is now treasured just as much as my Papyrus Giant City.

Thank you for all opinions on the Bal linings so far, I'm glad I am not alone! Even if they retained cotton linings, if only they would change up the colour a bit! Black can sometimes be a real struggle to find everything in!

Yes, I'm a G21 girl! I never really likes regular hardware either but then I do like my bling! Not OTT or tacky bling but I love my sparkly jewellery and my jewellery is always a little on the chunky side, never delicate and discreet. So the G21 suited me a lot better. I think those who like regular also like G12 because it's almost like a regular bag but with the extra pizzazz of the G12 hardware. For those of us who are diehard G21 fans, the G12 has been very hard to swallow and I still haven't grown to like it enough to buy!

Exactly! It's all about what suits you. Too bad they don't give these options every season.

I think part of the simple linings is to keep the bag light which I appreciate. Some of my older firsts and hobos barely weigh anything at all. I just can't do heavy bags anymore so the lining doesn't really bother me.

I agree with you beaux, the plain interior helps to keep the weight down.

I actually love the plainness of the Bal lining -- prefer it to bright colours, patterns or adornment.

I like that the lining is simple, too. The black fabric seems quite durable and doesn't show stains or other marks. That said, I do sometimes wish it were lighter in color so I could find my stuff easier!

It has never really crossed my mind to be unhappy with it or compare it to my chloes. As long as its intact then the lining isnt significant.

I do recall the inside of my mulberry bayswater feeling nice though...

Hello!

I just bought my first Bal, a Classic Velo in Bleu Mineral (Gorgeous colour!) a couple of days ago, and I totally agree with what the OP said, about the interior being just...blah! I have a Mulberry Alexa and for the same price, the Alexa's interior is way nicer as compared to the Velo!