Anyone else afraid of scratches so won't stack jewelry?

For me, jewelry is meant to be enjoyed and I like to stack bracelets, rings etc. I understand that it may cause scratching, but I just figure it's part of life. I have my jewelry to wear and enjoy; a scratch is not going to ruin the piece for me.
I can understand that others feel differently, we each have things that bother us.
I agree with kitsungrl, I wear my jewellery and enjoy it.it is going to eventually get a scratch so why stress about it?

Mrs. Mac said:
Thanks, everyone! For me, I have always been this way and just don't like scratches. While they can be removed, the jeweler is also removing some of the gold at the same time. That scares me. I do love the stack look though which is why I'm having second thoughts about this now!!! Please keep helping!!!

I am not a big fan of stacking because of damage to expensive pieces but also because I don't like a cluttered look. I have rolex which cost me an arm and a leg, so there is no way I am going to add scratches unnecessarily so never stack anything with it. Normal wear an tear is something else.
With bracelets (on the other wrist) I may wear a thin single bangle with something else. I like simple stacks and on the whole I like bracelets on their own, and buy them to wear them that way. I wear trollbeads and like to take care of the glass, so won't wear with anything scratchy with them. I have cheap pearls I may stack, but my Vintage mop Alhambra stays on it's own and I like it that way :smile:

Rings you have to face it will always get scratched up, but refinishing is easier to do with precious metal.

Well, ur jewellery, esp rings, watches & bracelets, will get scratched even if u dont stack them. But i do understand how u feel. I usually avoid stacking an expensive piece when it is new. But once it gets some scratches, i'm more relaxed abt it.

I stack mainly bracelets. Rings not so much but only bcos i find it uncomfortable. And with necklaces the tangled chains drive me nuts.

Slidey said:
I am not a big fan of stacking because of damage to expensive pieces but also because I don't like a cluttered look..... I like simple stacks and on the whole I like bracelets on their own, and buy them to wear them that way.

Me too. Arm parties look nice on others but on me I like the simple look. I agree jewelries are meant to be worn and enjoyed, I just don't wear them all at one time.

Thank you, ladies!!!! I need to get over this. Like many of you said, scratches will happen regardless. I'm the type who examines my rings nightly and even when I see a new hairline scratch I feel a pang in my heart! Which is ridiculous because how does a person not use their hands??? I guess I just need help getting over it and to learn to look at my pieces from a distance and not with magnification! Just wish I knew how to do that!!!!

Almost a year with my Love cuff, and I am still not keen on stacking it. When I did stack the Love, I had to wear a leather bracelet in between it and anything else metal. The singular exception was with the DBTY bracelet, but I found that I was super paranoid about it and fidgeted with them all the time, trying to keep the DBTY from going underneath the Love.

I just got an Omega watch last week and definitely will NOT stack it.

Everyone has their comfort zone, and that is mine. :smile: I enjoy wearing my jewelry, just not all at the same time.

Almost a year with my Love cuff, and I am still not keen on stacking it. When I did stack the Love, I had to wear a leather bracelet in between it and anything else metal. The singular exception was with the DBTY bracelet, but I found that I was super paranoid about it and fidgeted with them all the time, trying to keep the DBTY from going underneath the Love.

I just got an Omega watch last week and definitely will NOT stack it.

Everyone has their comfort zone, and that is mine. :smile: I enjoy wearing my jewelry, just not all at the same time.

I feel the exact same way but I find myself loving the stacked bracelet look!!! And dreaming about it all day. I have the bracelets and watches but I'm still terrified to stack them!!! DH thinks there is something wrong with me. So glad to see I'm not alone!

I feel the exact same way but I find myself loving the stacked bracelet look!!! And dreaming about it all day. I have the bracelets and watches but I'm still terrified to stack them!!! DH thinks there is something wrong with me. So glad to see I'm not alone!

If you're into the look, find some leather bracelets to act as a buffer in between metal pieces. :smile: It'll prevent scratches, as well as add some textural variety in your stack.

Me too. Arm parties look nice on others but on me I like the simple look. I agree jewelries are meant to be worn and enjoyed, I just don't wear them all at one time.

I feel the same way.
While I realize that it is trendy to stack jewelry, I prefer to focus on a less cluttered look. Sometimes I feel that by throwing it all together something gets lost. That said, I love the look of a love bracelet worn with a juste un clou .....