Anyone buy from AuthenticWatches.com?

blumster

O.G.
Jan 2, 2013
Has anyone ever bought from or know anything about Authenticwatches.com?
There prices are pretty impressive and want to make sure they are legit if I decide to buy a cartier watch from them. TIA

Has anyone ever bought from or know anything about Authenticwatches.com?
There prices are pretty impressive and want to make sure they are legit if I decide to buy a cartier watch from them. TIA

Yes, I have. I bought one of my Chanel J12's from them about 18 months ago. It was a perfect, easy transaction, though I have to admit they weren't super nice on the phone (which you'd think they would be given the dollars involved).

When the watch arrived, they hadn't wound it, as it was an automatic, so I had to figure that out myself which wasn't hard. I also had to take it to a local jeweler to be properly sized and have several links removed. Of course, you are getting a watch without an official manufacturer warranty, only Authentic Watches in-house warranty, so if anything goes wrong with it, you need to go back to them. I have had no issues in the 18 months I've owned mine though. It's perfect.

Yes, I have. I bought one of my Chanel J12's from them about 18 months ago. It was a perfect, easy transaction, though I have to admit they weren't super nice on the phone (which you'd think they would be given the dollars involved).

When the watch arrived, they hadn't wound it, as it was an automatic, so I had to figure that out myself which wasn't hard. I also had to take it to a local jeweler to be properly sized and have several links removed. Of course, you are getting a watch without an official manufacturer warranty, only Authentic Watches in-house warranty, so if anything goes wrong with it, you need to go back to them. I have had no issues in the 18 months I've owned mine though. It's perfect.

This is great to know- thanks so much for your response Youngster. I have considered buying a cartier BB from them as the discount is really tempting but the warranty has me a bit on the fence. I did buy a cartier Roadster from them years ago which I have subsequently sold but at the time, everything was fine except the watch did not come with the extra strap that it was supposed to. When we called to inquire, there was no strap that they could send out but I think they refunded us the cost of what the strap would have cost- I was ok with that. Never had any issues with the quality or anything. I'd love to hear if other people have used them and what their experiences have been:smile:

I've been considering a major purchase with this company. Their EBay profile is outstanding, and they have their own website where the prices are a bit less than EBay. I have no doubt they will ship an authentic watch quickly, but my concern is that most ebayers leave feedback within a few weeks, and later if the watch breaks down, no one knows.

Reading about them online, there are a lot of complaints about defective watches months after purchasing, and slow, expensive warranty work. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this company?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided not to buy anything from them. I know they are grey market, but it seems a lot of their items have defects. Their online reviews are alarming, and their return policies Draconian. Several people received damaged or defective watches, only removing them from the box briefly to examine, and returned within 24 hours but still got hit with a restocking fee for "damages." :/