Anybody use Pouch for cosmetics in handbag?

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Have been looking for cosmetic pouch to carry in handbag. When I searched on Gucci site, various pouches came up. But it doesn't say they are cleanable inside? Does anyone use any of these for cosmetics in your handbag? I've been looking at lv too. What do y'all use?
IMG_1483740586.986908.jpgIMG_1483740609.092388.jpg

Have been looking for cosmetic pouch to carry in handbag. When I searched on Gucci site, various pouches came up. But it doesn't say they are cleanable inside? Does anyone use any of these for cosmetics in your handbag? I've been looking at lv too. What do y'all use?
View attachment 3567099View attachment 3567102
I have an older Gucci cosmetic bag, in the floral pattern(forgot it's real name) so I checked, and it has a fabric interior. Not really cleanable. I will NOT put a lip gloss in a pricey bag, as invariably, it becomes messy with age. I limit myself to one lipstick, comb, mirror, band aids--things which are not messy. My past included Kate Spade cosmetic bags when I had larger handbags, and they did become soiled because I was not careful. Now I have tried to buy cosmetic bags on sale--have the Gucci and a Mulberry--so it's not so much loss if I ruin them. That being said, most of my handbags are smaller now, and I am having a difficult time finding smaller cosmetic bags. Last night I was eyeing Ted Baker--cheap, cute patterns, and for $60 they don't have to last forever. Still may be larger than can fit in my bags.
I would rather invest big bucks for a card holder, wallet, or coin case. The ones you posted are beautiful, though!

Reactions: snibor
I have an older Gucci cosmetic bag, in the floral pattern(forgot it's real name) so I checked, and it has a fabric interior. Not really cleanable. I will NOT put a lip gloss in a pricey bag, as invariably, it becomes messy with age. I limit myself to one lipstick, comb, mirror, band aids--things which are not messy. My past included Kate Spade cosmetic bags when I had larger handbags, and they did become soiled because I was not careful. Now I have tried to buy cosmetic bags on sale--have the Gucci and a Mulberry--so it's not so much loss if I ruin them. That being said, most of my handbags are smaller now, and I am having a difficult time finding smaller cosmetic bags. Last night I was eyeing Ted Baker--cheap, cute patterns, and for $60 they don't have to last forever. Still may be larger than can fit in my bags.
I would rather invest big bucks for a card holder, wallet, or coin case. The ones you posted are beautiful, though!

This is my concern. The cosmetic bag I'm using now is not only inconvenient but I've soiled the inside so much. I'd love something really cute to carry my lipstick, gloss, etc but wondering whether it's worth the bucks. I know some pouches are cleanable inside but the Gucci ones don't appear to be.

If anyone has a Gucci pouch they use in handbag for cosmetics I'd love to see.

I don't know how you'd clean any pouch unless you could turn it inside-out completely. I use pouches for many things including makeup but also things like receipts, silk scarves, jewellery the barrel shaped for pens (I don't use purse organisers) mine aren't necessarily Gucci. There are some excellent ones around for much less money if G price point is too high (though some make good clutches too) but you could also line the pouch with card or tissue. I reckon it's better to use a pouch that mess up the inside pocket of a bag.

I use freebies from cosmetics companies. Currently using a Bobbi Brown soft and structured boxy little synthetic pouch with lots of zippered compartments to keep things separate and clean. I'll toss it out when it gets tired but it works so well I'd actually pay for another one to replace it (about $30 I think).
I do own some expensive cosmetics pouches from Celine and Smythson but after purchase I decided they were too nice to use for messy lip stuff and pocket perfumes etc, especially in my warm, sticky climate, so I've kept these nicer ones to carry my 'dry goods' sleep kit when I travel - eye masks, eye pillows and ear plugs etc.

I use freebies from cosmetics companies. Currently using a Bobbi Brown soft and structured boxy little synthetic pouch with lots of zippered compartments to keep things separate and clean. I'll toss it out when it gets tired but it works so well I'd actually pay for another one to replace it (about $30 I think).
I do own some expensive cosmetics pouches from Celine and Smythson but after purchase I decided they were too nice to use for messy lip stuff and pocket perfumes etc, especially in my warm, sticky climate, so I've kept these nicer ones to carry my 'dry goods' sleep kit when I travel - eye masks, eye pillows and ear plugs etc.

I agree, I take advantage of the free bags given out all the time!