Anybody have any real life experience with Deadly Ponies bags?

Hope these pics help inform you more on this brand, the hardware on the deadly pony brand is stunning, (can't say the same for my LVs).

The grey bag is from 2008, and the black one is about a year old, they release about 2 ranges a year, introducing new ones and adding twists to their main line, always easier to order online straight from them, as they sell out so fast in stores.

^^ Great pics. And thanks so MUCH for posting!

Love the simple design and the hardware. Why do so many designers use high polished hardware?

Also - can you tell us more about the "organization" inside? How many pockets, zippered or slip?

Are both of your bags deerskin?

I thought I'd add a few pictures to this thread.

Mr Leopard

35fp8ld.jpg

Closeup of smooshy soft leather + hardware:

zx4Y3bF.jpg

Deer skin v. Lamb skin (Mr Wallet):

mgF2dle.jpg

dbclam - There is only one interior pocket inside most of the bags, a side-wall type pouch that holds a surprising amount. It is embossed with the logo and 'made in new zealand, 100% leather'

Tbh I usually demand pockets in bags (rummaging for keys :wacko: ) but haven't found it a problem with this bag.

^^ Great pics. And thanks so MUCH for posting!

Love the simple design and the hardware. Why do so many designers use high polished hardware?

Also - can you tell us more about the "organization" inside? How many pockets, zippered or slip?

Are both of your bags deerskin?

Hey there, the grey bag mr fill and zip is deer but mr bone ( the black one ) is cow hide , very different styles. Mr fill in zip is soft and mr bone is very structured, perfect little satchel,
I agree with u on the hardware, my speedys hardware looks horrible! My deadly ponies looks lovely, i have been looking at Alexander wang online as he has great hardware on his bags with choices of hardware colour to same style bag.

Hey girls, new S/S collection is released friday!
Thank goodness, all of this season is completely sold out.

I really wanted Mr Pirouette :sad:

4FoGHW4.jpg

But that's okay, new season new season new season :woot:

I found a sneak peek of the upcoming collection here http://www.showroom22.com/images/deadly-ponies-s-s-13-14
Thought I'd share with you!

I'm particularly liking Mr Robin http://www.showroom22.com/images/deadly-ponies-s-s-13-14/mr-mini-robin/image Lovely Cobalt!

I like the new fur on Pirouette, not sure about the brown though. Also I am hoping it comes with the shoulder strap too.

gHyRYln.jpg

Last edited:
I was just at this site yesterday and all of the bags are sold out so it's great to hear that new ones will be coming in a couple of days. These bags are just a wee bit over what I normally would allow myself to pay but I have a birthday coming up in a few months. Maybe I will treat myself to one. The leather looks so very nice and some of the styles are just right for me.

Well, I just ordered this bag in the Grigio (the taupe) color!

I was planning on also getting the mini fill n zip in oxblood, but it sold out the day I finally had the money to purchase it : (

If any of you ladies are on the fence, don't wait - they have already sold out of a lot of colors in the various styles. And, with free worldwide shipping right now - its not a bad time to try this brand out.

i am sorry to bump an old thread, but am wondering if you found this bag heavy? preorders just opened up for their winter 2014 collection and i am eyeing the mr dusman in black or concrete... i have read nothing but good things about this brand, but am proceeding with a bit of trepidation (and doing way too much research online!) as i am in the US with no way to see these beauties in real life! :sad:

I've heard of this brand before, only through this website (tpf)...the bags look great; the leather looks ultra soft.

And I know this sounds silly, but this brand has the coolest name ever. Deadly Ponies?! How awesome is that?!!!!

I see them almost daily.. Because I frequent a store that stocks them readily.. as well as Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, YSL, SLP, etc., etc. you get my drift..

The leather is really thick sort of like the Alexander Wang bags.. Really thick and the quality is really nice.. The interiors have pockets and in Australia the price range is really good.. Dirt cheap if you are comparing it to the big guns!

glad this thread got bumped up - i love a lot of their styles, but have always shied away from purchasing since i can't check them out in person - i'd love to see people post pictures of their bags/modeling shots!

I see them almost daily.. Because I frequent a store that stocks them readily.. as well as Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, YSL, SLP, etc., etc. you get my drift..

The leather is really thick sort of like the Alexander Wang bags.. Really thick and the quality is really nice.. The interiors have pockets and in Australia the price range is really good.. Dirt cheap if you are comparing it to the big guns!

sorry for the late reply, but thanks for your input L.Vuitton.Freak ! :smile: