any use Facebook for buying/selling bags?

Facebook has a local selling group. Apparently you have to join before you can see who is selling what. Anyone use this? I guess it would be something like CL in that you'd be dealing locally and could meet and but/sell with cash.
There is a large US based FB group for buying and selling. Seems fairly successful - the popular, reasonably priced bags seem to sell and it's moderated quite well from what I can see. Some of the people who comment on authenticity questions need to refrain though! It's used like ebay but without the fees - you use PP invoice.

There is a large US based FB group for buying and selling. Seems fairly successful - the popular, reasonably priced bags seem to sell and it's moderated quite well from what I can see. Some of the people who comment on authenticity questions need to refrain though! It's used like ebay but without the fees - you use PP invoice.
interesting
I was thinking of checking out the local FB group.....I tried to look but you have to join first.....request to join is pending

I was introduced to a LV Facebook group. I have been able to off load things left and right. Like what @vernis-lover said, it’s exactly like eBay without the fees. I am also able to price my items more competitively, since I only need to account for the 3% pp fees instead of the 10% on eBay or 23% on Tradesy.

Sometimes I feel like it’s better, especially when I can put a face to the buyer. I always check out the buyer’s profile beforehand too- you can kind of judge who you’re dealing with by the small amount of public posts that people allow on their wall.

I was introduced to a LV Facebook group. I have been able to off load things left and right. Like what @vernis-lover said, it’s exactly like eBay without the fees. I am also able to price my items more competitively, since I only need to account for the 3% pp fees instead of the 10% on eBay or 23% on Tradesy.

Sometimes I feel like it’s better, especially when I can put a face to the buyer. I always check out the buyer’s profile beforehand too- you can kind of judge who you’re dealing with by the small amount of public posts that people allow on their wall.
so when you say you can put a face to it are you meaning FB photo? or are you selling locally?

so when you say you can put a face to it are you meaning FB photo? or are you selling locally?

Yes. Sometimes people allow other posts of theirs to be “public” so one can see them even if you’re not fb friends. I just try to browse their profile to get a feel of who I’m dealing with.

No, I’ve shipped all over the US.

thanks
no problems with buyers?
what about buying? have you used for that?

Not yet, so far (knock on wood). You tend to have more interaction (back and forth communication). All of the “red flags” on eBay still apply (I.e. buyer who asks a thousand questions when the answers are all on the listing, super picky buyers, etc...) but when I sell on fb I am able to weed these buyers out (and block them for good), as I am not forced to sell to them. Basically, you’re allowed to pick and choose who you want/don’t want to sell your item to.

I have bought on the group page. It was just like buying on any other resell platform. I talked to the buyer expressing my interest, asked her last minute questions, she sent invoice, I paid, and she shipped.

I am in a couple of buying/selling groups on facebook. It has been about the equal amount of flakes I get on craigslist, offerup, etc, but I feel like you have more control on who you decide to sell to vs eBay. I can be a lot pickier who to sell to on FB vs eBay (meaning if I see red flags I can block them and not deal with them).
As for buying the sellers seem to be easier to deal with and faster with questions answered (though you do still get a couple of them that seem like they don't even care to sell whatever they have listed). Also it feels like it's easier to see red flags.

Most of the groups I am in tend to look out for their buyers and have great advice etc too. I would definitely give it a try.

I have had great experiences buying and selling on the FB groups. From what I have seen they are well monitored with a commitment to assuring authenticity. Listings must comply with certain requirements or they are deleted. Buyers using PayPal invoice are protected. Payment plans seem to be very popular in these groups.

How is protection ensured for the buyer and the seller if you are shipping the item? Like how do you ensure that the seller only receives the money after they send the item but also that the buyer only ships the item after they receive the money?

How is protection ensured for the buyer and the seller if you are shipping the item? Like how do you ensure that the seller only receives the money after they send the item but also that the buyer only ships the item after they receive the money?
Buyer asks to purchase.
Seller sends an invoice.
Buyer pays invoice.
Seller ships item.

In a nutshell. PayPal buyer and seller protection exists for both parties.