any tpf-ers want to join to write a petition letter to chanel? please read!

Are you saying that the Italians and French are responsible for the shoddy leather workmanship that so many tPFers are complaining about? Hard to believe. I think the Chinese factories just aren't up to par yet. But I don't know either... :shrugs:

No one is saying that anyone in particular is "responsible" for what some of you believe to be quality issues. What has been said, is that no one is sure exactly where/who/how the bags are produced.

None of us know for fact where the purses are made and we can only assume by some of the shoddy workmanship that the only answer is made in China in part. Am swamped w/work (self-employed) but when I get a break, I will peruse some printed material Chanel used to send to their clients. I'm talking about very nice books, some hard covers, full Vogue like mags, etc. --back in the good old days. One piece showed and explained the making of the bag. I do know machines are used and probably more so now than before in order to meet demand. The quality has nose dived, imo, and there's no excuse as they claim their quality control staff inspects each purse before leaving. Quality inspectors, are they 3 blind mice?

Rtw is different. Chanel bought the houses who employ the crafts people thus ensuring Chanes has first priority over other design houses, and to hopefully avoid the gradual loss of the crafts these artisans possess.

I'd be happy to lend editorial comments, suggestions if someone wants to start the ball rolling. . .

im in ! count me... my gold hardware lambskin 2.25 i brought two months ago starts fading ...the stiching comes of and the lambskin is really hard to touch and doesnt smell so nice as my other chanels

None of us know for fact where the purses are made and we can only assume by some of the shoddy workmanship that the only answer is made in China in part. Am swamped w/work (self-employed) but when I get a break, I will peruse some printed material Chanel used to send to their clients. I'm talking about very nice books, some hard covers, full Vogue like mags, etc. --back in the good old days. One piece showed and explained the making of the bag. I do know machines are used and probably more so now than before in order to meet demand. The quality has nose dived, imo, and there's no excuse as they claim their quality control staff inspects each purse before leaving. Quality inspectors, are they 3 blind mice?

Rtw is different. Chanel bought the houses who employ the crafts people thus ensuring Chanes has first priority over other design houses, and to hopefully avoid the gradual loss of the crafts these artisans possess.

I'd be happy to lend editorial comments, suggestions if someone wants to start the ball rolling. . .
Yes, that's what I was saying.

My new RTW is as meticulously done as my RTW from the '90s. Incredible workmanship, I never think "China" when I look at my RTW.

I do think "China?" when I look at my recent bag purchases though and compare them to my '90s bags that were fabulously made.

That's why I said to maybe boycott Chanel regarding a new bag purchase, but the RTW is exquisite... spend your money on RTW instead.

I went to a special event that showed how they make the jackets and they a had few from previous decades as well as new pieces. Was that the same event as the one you went to? They gave us a little jacket pin as a gift when we left.

My Chanel RTW is made so beautifully, I marvel at the detail.

This was a luncheon and fashion show w/ a Chanel exec that walked around showing up the different intricate steps for the teeniest of details on the RTW. It was followed by the trunk show . . . I think it was different than the one you went to?

Are you saying that the Italians and French are responsible for the shoddy leather workmanship that so many tPFers are complaining about? Hard to believe. I think the Chinese factories just aren't up to par yet. But I don't know either... :shrugs:

I guess I am :s Haven't thought much about it. But instinctively, I don't feel they're outsourced to China . . . so I guess I am saying that! LOL!

Does anyone know when the 2008 serial numbers began? I asked the SA about this and she thinks it's roughly around 60xxxxx - 70xxxxx. Is this correct?

BTW, I casually mentioned about quality issues and she said that as far as she knows quality has not suffer and there are no complaints reported in this store.

Does anyone know when the 2008 serial numbers began? I asked the SA about this and she thinks it's roughly around 60xxxxx - 70xxxxx. Is this correct?

BTW, I casually mentioned about quality issues and she said that as far as she knows quality has not suffer and there are no complaints reported in this store.

No. 2008 opened with serial number 119XXXXX.