Any thoughts on how the Covid-19 is affecting the bag productions and offers?

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced the NYC stores being out of mini birkins/kellys due to the pandemic (inability to get stock from Paris..)? Wondering if reaching out to Boston may be next best bet?

There's definitely inventory but as @acrowcounted mentioned, these items are harder to come by and are set aside for more established, long-term clients. That said, I shop in NY and got two Birkin 25s in an eight month period, three months between bag #1 and bag #2. Many offers in between that I didn't take though, which are testament to their availability, as I only have 25s and Minis on my list. In short, yes, they are out there.

I would pick an SA you want to work with and build your profile, otherwise explore the reseller route if you want a bag and only a bag. Good luck :smile:

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me answer this question. What is your opinion about COVID and the rate your SA will or won’t offer you a Birkin during these times? I realize Hermes usually deals with celebrities and millionaires who are not affected by things like a pandemic but do you think you have more or less, or no difference is made during times like these for you SA to offer you a Birkin? Will your chance for an offer increase or decrease during times like this? And what about the selection? Any and all your options are greatly appreciated and thank you for your valuable time in advance.

Reactions: HAllDay
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me answer this question. What is your opinion about COVID and the rate your SA will or won’t offer you a Birkin during these times? I realize Hermes usually deals with celebrities and millionaires who are not affected by things like a pandemic but do you think you have more or less, or no difference is made during times like these for you SA to offer you a Birkin? Will your chance for an offer increase or decrease during times like this? And what about the selection? Any and all your options are greatly appreciated and thank you for your valuable time in advance.
i feel they are decreasing, at least in my country, I am a loyal costumer and I have been waiting since august for a Birkin 25 and my sa says he didn’t receive anything new in most of the bags for the last months

Okay addicts, I need your help pa pa please!! Lead me my beautiful ladies to the right answer. I love love love my SA. And we just got offered a “new style” of Birkin called the Sellier Birkin and Lord knows I had my heart set on the “regular” style RETOURNE. All my Birkins are Retourne style. I had a Kelly once in the sellier style and my mother took it from me. I always wondered what a Birkin size (bigger than a Kelly) would look like in a sellier style. Now it’s a possibility but I’m still hung up on my “regular” style. Should I take the leap and try a different style Birkin to my collection? What are your thoughts and opinions? Thank you ladies in advance

Reactions: HippieHeart
Thank you for your reply. From what I have gathered so far, I guess it depends on the location, state or country. Our SA has been super amazing working their magic during these hard times but my sister in law had a few broken hearts several times when she had to wait 9 months to be offered the size, color and leather she preferred. My brother has his own account so they usually get their four offers a year with their combined accounts. I heard from one group of ladies they got no offers at all. Another group of ladies said they got offers but they were all the wrong color or size. I was just wondering why if you have one location that has an “overstock” of Birkins they wouldn’t at least send a couple over to a location that was low in stock like my sister-in-law’s location. I was just curious. Thank you
I definitely think that there is a shortage of inventory, shut downs and shipping delays have taken a toll on a lot of businesses. This naturally will lower bag offers for a lot of customers just because there isn't much to offer in the first place.
Thank you for your reply. From what I have gathered so far, I guess it depends on the location, state or country. Our SA has been super amazing working their magic during these hard times but my sister in law had a few broken hearts several times when she had to wait 9 months to be offered the size, color and leather she preferred. My brother has his own account so they usually get their four offers a year with their combined accounts. I heard from one group of ladies they got no offers at all. Another group of ladies said they got offers but they were all the wrong color or size. I was just wondering why if you have one location that has an “overstock” of Birkins they wouldn’t at least send a couple over to a location that was low in stock like my sister-in-law’s location. I was just curious. Thank you

Reactions: HippieHeart
I have been very fortunate to have been offered 2 of my wish list Birkins during COVID. I believe it all depends on what inventory they receive and your relationship with your SA. My experience has been a welcome window of light from this dark space of the pandemic.
❤️Welcome window of light indeed❤️
I agree. I got my dream bag and turned down quite a few actually because I would not settle for anything other than what I had specified. I’m surprised to hear that there was a shortage of 25’s since I was offered 4/5 and turned them all down. I know people say to never turn down 25’s no matter the color but that’s just not me. Our SA knew we would more than likely turn them down but wanted to offer something at least. I am so glad we turned them down because our SA came in on clutch with 2 dreamy bags in December2020. Then in January2021 we got offered one bag of “our” dreams that checked every single box off (I say this because it was on my Husband’s wishlist too LOL, he gets a say since he carries my bags) and now we are in mid February and we have already turned down 2 bags. I guess it does depend greatly on location and relationship with your H ‍♀️ fairy.

Hi All,

Curious to hear if others have been hearing from their respective US based stores, and their SA’s that “bags” aren’t really scheduled to come in until May? What have others heard from their SA’s? Curious to hear if it’s different store to store, or state to state. Usually in the US, it seems lately inventory trickles in across the board around the same time Ie right before the holidays most stores were stocked with a lot of items.

I haven't heard that and I shop very extensively at my store. If anything, I have heard that inventory is much slower moving coming into the store than usual and they were expecting it to start to pick up over the next couple of months as we sit into spring/summer. My store has certainly gotten bag shipments fairly recently though.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Curious to hear if others have been hearing from their respective US based stores, and their SA’s that “bags” aren’t really scheduled to come in until May? What have others heard from their SA’s? Curious to hear if it’s different store to store, or state to state. Usually in the US, it seems lately inventory trickles in across the board around the same time Ie right before the holidays most stores were stocked with a lot of items.
I was told exactly the same this morning by my SA!

hey all, im in Boston and my SA has said that all their SS21 deliveries have been delayed. but just bags but also shoes and RTW. are other people have a similar experience with their local Hermes?

I'd also love to hear other members' thoughts/experiences on this as well. I read on another thread - which redirected me here - that an SA mentioned that production of leather bags was being halted. :shocked: Has any one else heard this from their SAs?

(I casually asked mine about shipments in general; the response was that things were coming in, but "delayed". I felt awkward asking about bags.)

Obviously, I want everyone to remain safe and healthy during this time - that's more important than anything else.

hey all, im in Boston and my SA has said that all their SS21 deliveries have been delayed. Not just bags but also shoes and RTW. are other people have a similar experience with their local Hermes?
I just picked up a B35 and a pair of the Oran sandals with the stud in the middle last week. Could have just been good timing on my part though.