Any thoughts on Alto Wallets?

lovebags1

O.G.
Jun 19, 2008
I am looking at the Alto Double Zip Organizer wallet and the Alto checkbook holder. Do these wallets wear well or do they look beat up after awhile? Also is the organizer wallet easy to use or does it just seem too bulky to use?
thanks for any opinions and advice!!

I only have one Alto wallet and it's OK, but not worth the premium price IMO. Alto leathers scratch easily so the wallet will develop an interesting patina with a lot of use. I switch wallets often so mine spends most of the time in a drawer. :biggrin: The wallets are beautiful and well made, though. I am not familiar with the two styles you are considering.

I am looking at the Alto Double Zip Organizer wallet and the Alto checkbook holder. Do these wallets wear well or do they look beat up after awhile? Also is the organizer wallet easy to use or does it just seem too bulky to use?
thanks for any opinions and advice!!
Hello! I have the Alto Double Zip Organizer and the Alto checkbook holder (not to be confused with the Alto checkbook organizer, which I also own--I know, I've got a problem!). Here''s what I've found:

1. Double Zip has a lot of room and includes a checkbook organizer. It's beautiful in black, which is the color I recommend for an Alto wallet because it can take a beating without showing a lot of scratches (unlike chestnut!). However, the zippers are only average quality, and I find the fabric that lines the zippers to be a bit flimsy (if that makes sense). Also, it's harder to get in and out of the wallet with the zippers, if that matters to you.
2. Alto checkbook holder--again, beautiful in black leather, but it holds only your checkbook and a few credit cards. There's no place to put cash.
3. Alto checkbook organizer -- my favorite. It has the checkbook holder, slots for credit cards, and places to keep your cash. The snap flap keeps it secure but makes it easy to get in and out of. The leather is a bit stiff at first, but it breaks in nicely with use.

Another is the Alto slim wallet, which is essentially the Alto checkbook organizer without the checkbook holder.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19