Any recommendations for wallet?

purpletots

Feb 15, 2006
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a wallet that I can keep coins, bills and cards. I actually like koala wallet but find the buckle too big. If only they make it smaller for the monogram canvas. Any recommendations?

I know a lot of people like the Port Tresor Intl but I am partial either to the French Purse or the Billfold with coin purse wallets. The latter are slightly smaller but still have a separate change purse, and four credit card holder slots as well as a place for bills. It is nice and compact yet still holds a lot. The French Purse is another nice style. The PTI style is too big and bulky for my tastes.

If you like it very compact, I agree that the snap billfold wallet is great. The Ludlow holds next to nothing but is great for a pochette; it's tiny.
I have the billfold in Vernis, which is beautiful. I also have the PTI and use that for my everyday wallet, but it is big, no getting around that. Try out the wallets at the boutique...it's fun to do that!
Most LV people love the French Purse the most, I've found. Never had one myself.

I have the Compat Zippe Perforated which I thought was a little less common. The only complaint I have is that it does not have enough credit card slots. I was also partial to the French wallet, but all that brass on the coin compartment makes it a little heavy I think. My other choice was the Koala in Damier which has a nice red interior but someone from this forum returned it becuase the buckle, apparently, scratches easily. What I would really really like to have is a white wallet, the MC Koala, or in Vernis. However, my past experience with a white Versace wallet forces me to say"no more white wallets again", I simply abuse it too much !

I think it depends on the size of handbag you're going to use. if its on the smaller side (reade pm,mini pleaty) i'd go forthe french wallet. If you carry a bigger handbag(speedy, bucket) i'd go for the pti.