Any opinions on ITEM CLINIC?

Hi all, I requested a quote for full incision double eyelid surgery at ITEM. They quoted me 2mil and requested a 10% down payment. Is this normal or should I be wary?

Hi,
i was asked to pay 500 (singapore dollors) deposit to book the surgery slot. my surgery cost about 4 mil and i did transfer to their Singapore account. It's all fine, don't worry.
and later the deposit was deducted from the final surgey amount though the exchange rate they used was like ****. ( it was 840 won = 1sgd on the market and , ITEM only gave 760 won=1sgd) .:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Last edited:
i think all the korean clinics charge much much higher to Foreigners.
I told the amount i paid for my rhino and my korean friend was shocked.
I paid 4 mil won and she said that her sister did it last week and only cost 2 mil for rhino!
ITEM is one of the lowest price already. i asked other clinics and they all quoted me aroudn 6~7 mil won. SHOCKING!

http://www.itemcliniceng.com/face/item-face07.html

http://www.itemcliniceng.com/face/item-face04.html

I think ITEM is pretty popular among the Naver community and some of the Chinese forums. But it doesn't look like Purseforum members have tried it.

Anyone has experience with this Clinic? In particular their Facial Contouring division?
Hi All...new to this forum and doing a lot of research on rhinoplasty. Talking of item, here are the prices I just recd for primary nose surgery.
Rhinoplasty (silicone implant on bridge and septum cartilage on tip) : 4.400.000 KRW
- Lateral Osteotomy : 880.000 KRW
- Collumella correction : 880.000 KRW
- Bulbous Tip : 880.000 KRW
- Ala reduction : 1.410.000 KRW
Can you all please advise me if this is the going rate or is it expensive. I have not had a consult yet and from what I read, the prices always come down when you have a face to face etc. Would be grateful for any suggestions, responses etc.

Hi,
i was asked to pay 500 (singapore dollors) deposit to book the surgery slot. my surgery cost about 4 mil and i did transfer to their Singapore account. It's all fine, don't worry.
and later the deposit was deducted from the final surgey amount though the exchange rate they used was like ****. ( it was 840 won = 1sgd on the market and , ITEM only gave 760 won=1sgd) .:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Hi Keryanlay, may I ask what procedures you had done and your experience with them? I'm interested in going to Item but their prices are just so high and based on the email I got from them, they don't seem to really care and just money.

Hi All...new to this forum and doing a lot of research on rhinoplasty. Talking of item, here are the prices I just recd for primary nose surgery.
Rhinoplasty (silicone implant on bridge and septum cartilage on tip) : 4.400.000 KRW
- Lateral Osteotomy : 880.000 KRW
- Collumella correction : 880.000 KRW
- Bulbous Tip : 880.000 KRW
- Ala reduction : 1.410.000 KRW
Can you all please advise me if this is the going rate or is it expensive. I have not had a consult yet and from what I read, the prices always come down when you have a face to face etc. Would be grateful for any suggestions, responses etc.

Hi,
For locals it seems like a ridiculous amount to pay.
however, for foreigners it's around that price.
i shaved my hump and did septum cartilage on tip cost below 4 mil KRW at ITEM which is shocking amount to my korean friend.

I asked a few clinics before i decided to go ITEM as it seems one of the cheaper price

Here is what Dreams medical quoted
"Closed rhinoplasty costs around 3,932,000won, and it seems that you may need rasping, as well, which costs around 786.500won" which comes up to be around 5 mil.

For JW plastic surgery
Humpectomy(to make your nose straight without hump)+Alar reduction+Tip Plasty(by using of your nose or ear cartilage) costs around 7 mil KRW.

Hi Keryanlay, may I ask what procedures you had done and your experience with them? I'm interested in going to Item but their prices are just so high and based on the email I got from them, they don't seem to really care and just money.

Hi,
i shaved my hump and did septum cartilage on tip.
I wouldn't say is bad or good. please do not expect top notch service from them.
The doctor was so busy that he didn't have much time to sit down and consult you in details. I had pre-consultation with their in-house translator whom I told them what i want to be done on my nose. i only had like 10 mins consultation with Dr kim before my surgery and he was in surgery gown, he probably came out from one of his on-going surgery.

I feel the nurse were a bit rough, when i went to remove my cast , they just pull it off and for a moment i thought my nose goes slanted . :lol::lol::lol: i saw youtube video how carefully the doctor removed the cast but in ITEM they just rips it off.

and after-surgery inquires can take quite long to get their response, i emailed them regarding slight bleeding and soreness around my nose and it took them 3 days to reply me and took another 5 days to get answer from the doctor. If it's serious, i'd have died :P

All in all, i'm still happy , cos i feel my nose looks much better compare to the last time.

which surgery are you going for?

Hi,

i shaved my hump and did septum cartilage on tip.

I wouldn't say is bad or good. please do not expect top notch service from them.

The doctor was so busy that he didn't have much time to sit down and consult you in details. I had pre-consultation with their in-house translator whom I told them what i want to be done on my nose. i only had like 10 mins consultation with Dr kim before my surgery and he was in surgery gown, he probably came out from one of his on-going surgery.

I feel the nurse were a bit rough, when i went to remove my cast , they just pull it off and for a moment i thought my nose goes slanted . :lol::lol::lol: i saw youtube video how carefully the doctor removed the cast but in ITEM they just rips it off.

and after-surgery inquires can take quite long to get their response, i emailed them regarding slight bleeding and soreness around my nose and it took them 3 days to reply me and took another 5 days to get answer from the doctor. If it's serious, i'd have died :P

All in all, i'm still happy , cos i feel my nose looks much better compare to the last time.

which surgery are you going for?

Oh no, I can't believe their post-op care is so poor. I'm glad you were happy with the results though. They respond so fast when I'm asking questions about consultations. Probably so they can get more business. To be honest, I was quite put off by their tone in the email. They sound so snotty but I'll still go in for a consultation. I'm looking to get double eyelid surgery. Not sure if I want incisional or non incisional yet. Were you able to talk down price they gave you or was it fixed?

Hello
Hello, I am a NYC girl and I came to Seoul to do rhinoplasty and incisional upper bleph. I chose Item because of their excellent before and after photos and their caring manner. I am on day 3 of recovery and aside from the swelling of the cheeks and eyes, I feel pretty normal. I met with Dr Kim for my nose and Dr Chung WooJin for my eyes. Dr Kim is pretty much all business and has a serious air about him, but he answers all questions patiently and thoroughly. I trusted him right away. Dr Chung is very kind and honest and will recommend what he thinks is best for you but does not push. I chose Item over TL clinic because I felt TL had a strong sales vibe which I didn't really like. However, my consultant there was super nice and available all the time for my questions. It was a hard choice, but I'm glad I went with Item. I've attached a photo. :smile:
I've really depended on this forum for my choice and I sincerely thank the Purseforum community for such valuable information! Cheers!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am considering an eyelid correction and epicanthoplasty at ITEM with doctor Chung Woo Jin. How was the communication in English? I assume it was in English? How do you feel about the results now?

Hello

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am considering an eyelid correction and epicanthoplasty at ITEM with doctor Chung Woo Jin. How was the communication in English? I assume it was in English? How do you feel about the results now?
I'm interested of doing revision incisional eyelid too. Please share your experience with ITEM too. Thx