any "non-wallet" ladies?

alatrop

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Who here uses a wristlet or mini skinny as a wallet?

I find myself being extremely fickle when it comes to wallets. No matter the brand, price, etc, I just can't be satisfied. I have a few wristlets that I love and don't use, and I was thinking of using them as wallets (switching every now and then). I don't carry a ton of wallet-y things, just my license, debit card, a few gift/rewards cards and sometimes a tiny bit of cash.

Thoughts?

Also, which wristlets have inside pockets/dividers? I would like to keep certain things separate if possible.

Love my wristlets. I always feel that a wallet has way too many compartments for me since I don't carry that many cards around.

Edit: Also, I stopped using wallets because I can hardly button them. Must be the extra coins and what not :lol:

Last edited:
Oh, I do this too - I use my heritage stripe mini skinny as a wallet all the time! I never carry cash, just a few cards, so it works really well for me.

Note that this doesn't stop me looking for a wallet, lol. Just haven't found any winners yet.

I started doing this when I couldn't find a wallet I liked. I've pretty much converted over. Here's the wristlet I like-- which does have a pocket in it.

SOHO PLEATED SCARF PRINT WRISTLET BAG 42830

It's long enough so bills fit in without folding. I put my driver's license, C.C. etc in the pocket.

hth

I never have enough stuff to fill up a wallet, so I definitely prefer to use wristlets or mini skinnies. Plus, like cristalena56 said, they are a cheaper alternative than wallets too!

Small madison wallet:
has billfold and zip coin pocket but does not hold all my cards.

Heritage stripe ziparound wallet:
holds everything!

MINISKINNIES:
holds all my cards, folded cash, some coins and fits in my capacity wristlets. The miniskinnies holds alot of stuff in a little package and it my favorite wallet. I have several of them in different colors.

I have a small 06/07 sunflower legacy turnlock wallet that I do carry, it holds all my insurance, membership and discount/rewards cards, basically ones that are rarely used.
What I do use for my everyday things such as ID, cash, coin & bank cards are legacy wristlets. They have a good amount of space in the main section and a small slip pocket for my ID and debit card. I also have room for a mini skinny in my 08' garcia wristlet/clutch. I couldn't live without it, and the great part is that if I'm just running into the gas station or something I snatch it right out of my bag and have everything I need. I'll post a pic at the bottom of my all time FAV wrsitlet to use as a "wallet."

IMO the wallets are FAR too expensive and I don't want to be having to change wallets everytime I switch bags, so the two wristlets I do use are black & grey which seem to go with everything!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've suggested this exact wristlet as a SUPER alternative to a wallet!!! They are also only about $80-$100 NWT from what I can see on Bonanzle & the bay!!! This is by FAR my best EVER investment as far as getting productive use out of an item!!!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 45
i also use a mini skinny as a wallet instead of an actual wallet. i'm too picky when it comes to wallet. i also want just one wallet that will match all my bags. right now i'm using a grey (i think this is what its called) legacy garcia mini skinny. it works with my black hippie and legacy hippie. i'm thinking maybe i'll go for a teal or maybe yellow wallet. but everything is so expensive!