Any Juviderm or restylane users ????

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
I had some restalyne shots on monday which resulted in a few bruises on my face- I have to hide them with a cover up to go out and it's awful, I'm so sure they are somehow still visible ( miss vanity here) I leave for France on Wednesday and I'm sure I will look hideous - does anyone know a product to use to fade bruises as fast as possible ????????????? Please and thank you!!

I don't mean to sound insensitive and not address your post...but other than the bruising, how does it look? I've been dying to do restalyn, are you puffy too?

The only think I can think of to reduce bruising is a cold compress, aspirin and to drink a bunch of water. I'm sure your going to look just great in time for your trip.

I love restalyne. I have only had it injected into my lips but the bruises went away after only a few days! I am certain yours will be gone by then! Have fun in France!

I don't mean to sound insensitive and not address your post...but other than the bruising, how does it look? I've been dying to do restalyn, are you puffy too?

The only think I can think of to reduce bruising is a cold compress, aspirin and to drink a bunch of water. I'm sure your going to look just great in time for your trip.
Well, I've had this procedure before (without the bruising) and always found it very effective - It works immediately, restoring fullness to areas on your face that are losing fat. I always walk out of the office feeling younger and prettier - Of course in 4 or 5 months, you need it all over again!!! I'm sure I'll feel a lot better when the bruises are gone but now I hate the way I look. No puffiness other that what I wanted.

I had some restalyne shots on monday which resulted in a few bruises on my face- I have to hide them with a cover up to go out and it's awful, I'm so sure they are somehow still visible ( miss vanity here) I leave for France on Wednesday and I'm sure I will look hideous - does anyone know a product to use to fade bruises as fast as possible ????????????? Please and thank you!!

You need to get some Arnica gel and some tablets. Gel to smooth on, and tablets to take. You can get it at most health food stores. It really works!

Good luck and have a great time in France! :yahoo: :yes: :wlae:

I've only had slight bruising from my Restylane injections and I get them about every four months.

My dermatologist said that taking aspirin two weeks prior to the shots will increase the risk of bruises.

I hope you like your results once your bruises have recovered!

The next time, take alot of vitamin C. That will prevent any bruising and also Arnica montanna. Take that two weeks before and you will not get any bruising at all. you can pm me if you want. mac makes a good creme cover that works wonders.

what exactly is Restylane? I heard it can make a nose bridge higher without having to go thru surgery. I've always wanted a nose job but was too afraid of going under the knife. Can someone pls enlighten me? TIA!

Wrinkle Drug's Action Is Found
By RHONDA L. RUNDLE

A popular injectable antiwrinkle treatment, Restylane, appears to stimulate skin cells to make natural collagen, a basic skin protein, according to a study whose findings suggest Restylane's effects may last longer than expected.

Restylane, sold in the U.S. by Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp., has been thought to smooth wrinkles by physically filling space created through collagen loss and other aging processes. The study by University of Michigan Medical School researchers, in this month's Archives of Dermatology, suggests the product's temporary benefits are also caused by a biological response, which explains why injections seem to have longer-lasting results after repeated treatments.

"The article is an important one because it begins to build a scientific basis for a cosmetic procedure that has historically just been based on the end result," said David J. Leffell, professor of dermatology and surgery at Yale University School of Medicine.

"I wish we could require more of this kind of data prior to product approval," said Amy Newburger, a Scarsdale, N.Y. dermatologist and consultant to the Food and Drug Administration.

The study focuses on skin cells known as fibroblasts. "In the last few years, we've learned that a basic problem in aging skin caused by ultraviolet light is that the fibroblasts that make collagen down deep in the skin have collapsed and flattened on each other," said John J. Voorhees, chairman of the university's dermatology department, which has been studying the causes of aging skin for over 20 years.

In a young person, the fibroblasts that make collagen are normally "stretched," Dr. Voorhees said. The study using Restylane was designed to see if the fibroblasts could be "restretched" and "that is exactly what happened," he said, noting that "the stretching caused the cells to make collagen like they did when they were young."

The initial antiwrinkle benefit of Restylane is caused by its "physical presence," but after three or four weeks, new collagen formation begins, the study showed. Dr. Voorhees said it isn't clear how long the new growth continues because the study was for only 13 weeks. The Restylane injections also inhibited the breakdown of collagen by an enzyme that acts on aging skin.

The study explains why Restylane seems to last longer after the first few injections, typically six to 12 months apart, dermatologists said. "To me, this is a validation of what we've seen clinically," said William P. Coleman III, clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane University Health Sciences Center. The cumulative effects of collagen growth "would theoretically apply to all hyaluronic acid fillers," he added. Juvéderm, introduced by Allergan Inc. in January, is a hyaluronic acid that competes against Restylane.

But Dr. Voorhees cautioned against generalizing the findings to other substances because of their technical differences. That is also the view of June Robinson, editor of the Archives of Dermatology, published by the American Medical Association. "This is heavy science and only one brand was used," she said.

Dr. Robinson said the study "is the definitive paper that tells us how this product works." It was based on injections in 11 volunteers, aged 64 to 84, and subsequent analyses of their skin biopsies. The small number of subjects is "perfectly valid," she said, because this was a "mechanism study," not a clinical study.

Dr. Robinson said she took elaborate steps to assure that the research wasn't tainted by commercial ties between Medicis, of Scottsdale, Ariz., and the researchers. "The manufacturer of the product had nothing to do with the study except to donate material for it," she said. Dr. Voorhees said Restylane was chosen because when the research began, "it was the only hyaluronic acid out there."

I am thinking about using one of these fillers for a vertical line between my eyes (frown line) I use Botox there which helps but ,I have one line that really needs to be addressed. I feel like I look mad all the time. I would greatly appreciate any opinions out there and thoughts. TIA

I had an indented/depressed area next to my right eyebrow that my dr. attributed to some sort of trauma to that area where the collagen never re-formed. Had a teeny amount of Juviderm injected there and -poof!- all gone! Glad I had it done!

Yes, go for it. I actually give Botox injections and there are some people that no matter how much Botox they get, they still have a slight line...it just really depends on how deep their line was to begin with. I think Restalyne is better for that area. Our spa only uses the brands Juvederm and Radissee. Just find out what actual collagen will be best in that area. I.e Juvederm doesn't last as long and is usually used in the pinks of the lips.