Any IRL/action shots of the silver leather storypatch or star spotlights???

divabeadz

Nov 1, 2006
I'm seriously considering the silver leather storypatch spotlight or the star spotlight. These are really flashy/trendy for me and I live too far to go see in person so I have to order sight unseen. Anyone have either of these? Modeling/action shots please!

Or if you've seen either in person, what are your thoughts? These are pricey bags ($598) are they worth the pricetag?? Any other thoughts/comments? Thanks!

I have the silver star groovy...

It's a beautiful bag. I would worry about wear issues, though. It seems like the corners would wear quick on it.
Other than that, it's a really nice bag.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments! Do you think it will wear on the corners due to the leather quality or due to the metallic finish or just because of the shape of the bag? I noticed in your video on the spotlights you'd commented on no corner wear on the sequin spotlights so I wondered if you were referring to the shape of the bag having a potential issue with corner wear.

BTW, I loved your video reveal and the video review of your sequin collection. They're beautiful bags! I know you weren't crazy about it but the red sequin wristlet was lovely and understated for sequins ;)

Thank you for your kind words, and for looking at my reveal. :biggrin:

No, I was referring to the metallic leather. It might wear easily, but the leather is nice and supple.
I have a feeling it would be more noticeable on the gold than the silver.

Thank you both. I guess I won't jump on this one -- maybe I'll find something else for now and look back at this in the late winter/spring if it goes on sale by then.

Bumping in case anyone fesses up to having either of these bags. I can't get them out of my head...I go to bed thinking of the storypatch spotlight in silver leather and wake up planning what I might wear to go with it...hahaha! If you've seen any IRL/action shots please post them or tell me where to find them!!!

Awww, hun...I really think you should give this bag a shot. You can carry it around the house for a few days, and see if you like it. If not, return it. And even though the metallics have been having problems, not ALL of them are. You will probably be one of the lucky ones that don't have problems.
Just spoil it rotten and baby it, and I think it will be fine. Go get it!! :biggrin:

Awww, hun...I really think you should give this bag a shot. You can carry it around the house for a few days, and see if you like it. If not, return it. And even though the metallics have been having problems, not ALL of them are. You will probably be one of the lucky ones that don't have problems.
Just spoil it rotten and baby it, and I think it will be fine. Go get it!! :biggrin:

I :heart: PickyCoachLover! I know how to walk that fine line of babying my bags but not stressing about the scratches and scuffs that come from wear and tear. I don't let the little flaws bother me...I buy bags to last and treat them well so that they will. And I really *need* a little glitz in my bag collection! Plus, *SOMEONE* has to buy this dang bag to post some action shots so I may as well do it for the team. Clearly I do not need any further enabling ;)