Any ideas on how to really top off my current collection?

Ok, I'm getting your point now. As I mentioned to another Bal owner, I lead a pretty casual lifestyle, and for me, I think the Balenciaga may still be a good final addition for a while. I agree with you.....I think I did use the term investment, and Chanel is definately an investment piece. They are beautiful works of art, but frankly, I am starting to realize, especially after reading these responses, that I may feel a bit overdressed if I went with Chanel. I want a special bag, yes, but for practical purposes. I am single, rarely even get to go to a fancy restauraunt, don't have some high up power position where the Chanel would fit in. I think the Balenciaga would transfer seamlessly from work to play, and I am crazy about all those colors :love: Thanks for the opinions on the Bals, I will check into the models you mentioned. Much thanks to everyone for their imput so far. ;)

You are welcome. I wouldn't worry about feeling overdressed with Chanel, there are some totes that go well with all styles. Though, if you decide to go with B-bags, be prepared! :biggrin: Every year they come out with different shades of the same colors that you will be very tempted to collect, it will provide some entertainment. City is their most popular style, but I recommend Velo as it is a little bigger, but not as big as Work. Good Luck!

I think it is a really nice feeling to know that you are going to be satisfied with your collection and the best way is to top it off with a HG bag. I am there after my birthday present last month - granted I tried on many bags in LV yesterday but it was just for fun - SLG and shoes can occupy me for the moment as I have no bag desires.

My vote is Citadine PM in empriente leather. It's like a neverfull but slimmer. I do love a tote. And the mini pochette is handy. I also love my brea mm. I went with epi electric in noir because I live black patent leather but there are many epi choices and vernis choices.

My other suggestion is the Chanel half moon accordion bag. It's bigger than it looks, has the chain strap that can be doubled up to change the drop/look and transition from day to night really easily. At $2400 it is about as low as it gets for a flap unless you find a seasonal item on sale which is not easy. Here is a picture of mine:

Clu! I cannot believe I bumped into you here lol.
We totally have the same taste. I have been eyeing that Chanel too. I am soooo jealous you have one. I haven't seen one lately in the boutiques.

OP - sorry to be sidetracked...it's great you are satisfied with your collection and you have lovely practical bags. It's time for an HG - albeit somewhat impractical LOL.

Agree with getting a seasonal chanel flap - or if you want some classics - the Chanel square mini is a great crossbody and good for going out. Also, the Chanel Clutch with Chain is "reasonably priced" - has the look of classic flaps and also classified as classics so the price keeps going up (started at $2100 now is at $2600!). Another seasonal flap that is currently out is the French Riviera - the red one is versatile and fits more than the m/l classic flap.

For LV - I would go either for an Alma Vernis or Artsy in Empreinte. Both stunning bags! Also check out the 2013 new Releases thread in the Reference Sub-Forum- some new styles might pique your interest.

I also read about someone suggesting the Miu Miu Coffer...I have one and the leather is truly divine - I wish I could use it as a pillow.
Their hardware is prone to tarnishing though (can be cleaned up apparently with brasso but I'm too scared to try)

GL with your search!

I am like you, almost content with my bag collection. Contentment is a good feeling. :smile:
I have explored chanel, balenciaga, Hermes, prada, tods, and of cos LV. Here is my experience with them.
Chanel - overprice, quality not worth the amount.
Balenciaga- practical bags, especially the city. But color tend to fade or turn yellow over time.
Hermes - awesome quality, crazy prices
Prada- classic and somewhat boring. leather is super durable
Tods - awesome leather and quality. Designs are understated. Good price points.
LV - good range of designs from low to high price points. Good quality so far for the bags I have.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any. I'd recommend any leather bag from LV within your price range, maybe the empriente speedy. Iconic and durable. :smile:

Congratulations with your beautiful collection. I also thought, after buying a lot of LV's, that I was satisfied. But than I discovered the Chloe Marcie and the Gucci Soho Leather Shoulderbag in Fango. The Chloe Marcie Medium Satchel in Nut is mine now. It's a complete different bag than the others and I adore it. The Gucci leather shoulderbag is on the wishlist. But I only had eyes for other brands after purchasing a lot of LV's and I don't regret it. Good luck with your decision:smile:

I think it is a really nice feeling to know that you are going to be satisfied with your collection and the best way is to top it off with a HG bag. I am there after my birthday present last month - granted I tried on many bags in LV yesterday but it was just for fun - SLG and shoes can occupy me for the moment as I have no bag desires.

My vote is Citadine PM in empriente leather. It's like a neverfull but slimmer. I do love a tote. And the mini pochette is handy. I also love my brea mm. I went with epi electric in noir because I live black patent leather but there are many epi choices and vernis choices.

My other suggestion is the Chanel half moon accordion bag. It's bigger than it looks, has the chain strap that can be doubled up to change the drop/look and transition from day to night really easily. At $2400 it is about as low as it gets for a flap unless you find a seasonal item on sale which is not easy. Here is a picture of mine:
clu! when did you get this bag? it's beautiful! is it still available in this color?

A Celine mini luggage could be an option but it is more of a handheld than a shoulder, but it does hold a lot!

If you like larger bags, a Chanel flap would probably be too small...I have one of the larger size flaps and, while I love it, it does not hold a ton!

A empriente bag would be a nice addition...the artsy is beautiful as is the lumineuse

There is a Hermes style you may want to check out if you like shoulder bags, it seems it would be in the price range you are anticipating for your final purchase. They are sometimes available pre-loved and I bought a LIKE NEW one last year at Yoogi's Closet for my daughter. It's the Evelyn bag and comes in a variety of leathers and colors. Simple styling with a large perforated H in a circle on one side of the bag, simple hardware and a casual type strap.

You've set a good task for yourself, have fun with it!

i recommend going for the Artsy in empreinte. i think it would work well for your lifestyle. i have the Artsy in Mono and it can fits a lot more than my Lindsey bc of the wide base. if you are used to carrying leather, then you won't find the weight of empreinte to be bothersome. compare to canvas, of course it's heavy. i never consider Chanel bc it just doesn't fit into my life right now but i do admire them.

Have you looked at Givenchy? I love the styles they have to offer. Balenciaga would be good too. You could also add something in Mono to your collection. If not a purse, then an SLG. Good luck!