Any guesses or speculation for Hedi’s 1st collection?

That's part of what drives me nuts about his rhetoric regarding returning to Celine's roots. I think it's great if you take inspiration from the history of the brand but put your own creative spin on it. But it's not so okay when you simply copy exactly what Celine originally did back in the day and just reproduce/remarket it, and claim it as your own or as "inspiration" instead.

Discussion on another forum (which I won't link to) has someone with inside knowledge of NEW CELINE's initial performance.... and they aren't good.

Allegedly only 22 Hedi bags were sold after the initial launch, and the majority of those sold in Asia not Europe (much to NEW CELINE's chagrin). Also, NEW CELINE has allegedly been paying for positive comments on social media while simultaneously deleting the waves of negative comments. Execs are allegedly furious to the Old Céline backlash. The brand is purportedly having issues getting editors and buyers to come to press days, and some buyers have supposedly cancelled orders that were placed after the initial showroom viewing.

If this keeps up, I wonder how long Hedi will enjoy this throne.

Discussion on another forum (which I won't link to) has someone with inside knowledge of NEW CELINE's initial performance.... and they aren't good.

Allegedly only 22 Hedi bags were sold after the initial launch, and the majority of those sold in Asia not Europe (much to NEW CELINE's chagrin). Also, NEW CELINE has allegedly been paying for positive comments on social media while simultaneously deleting the waves of negative comments. Execs are allegedly furious to the Old Céline backlash. The brand is purportedly having issues getting editors and buyers to come to press days, and some buyers have supposedly cancelled orders that were placed after the initial showroom viewing.

If this keeps up, I wonder how long Hedi will enjoy this throne.

I wonder what else could they expect out of these ugly designs. 22 are already too much. I’m Asian and I say his designs aren’t my cup of tea.

Thanks for posting
No 16 bag...still a simple masculine briefcase.
The one below looks like something you could find at H&M or TopShop.
The last one doesn’t look terrible but not worth the price tag, not in the slightest.
What is happening to Celine is not good at all :sad:
I actually don't mind the 16 Bag but it's missing that special Celine touch. It doesn't feel as easygoing as Phoebe's pieces were, for the empowered and independent woman on-the-go. As you've mentioned, more like a plain business bag lacking anything to say about its wearer. Pretty but empty.

I could almost like the C Bag in the Brown Watersnake because it has a vintage quality to it. But using exotics to improve the look of a design (any design, not just Hedi) is practically cheating in a way.
brown watersnake c bag celine 187254BET.19BR_2_SPR19_92694.jpg

I wonder what else could they expect out of these ugly designs. 22 are already too much. I’m Asian and I say his designs aren’t my cup of tea.
I'm Asian too. I think it's more than the Asian market is relatively more easily swept up by hype. After Lady Gaga's first reveal of the 16 Bag, the next celebrity endorser was K-pop's Lisa from Blackpink. Personally, I don't see how the latest releases fit into the more casual, streetwear inspired aesthetic/lifestyle that's popular these days. Phoebe's designs could move between polished and casual so very smoothly, always blurring the line between the two, which is part of what made Celine such a powerhouse during her tenure.