Travel Any Florida experts? Booking asap and need advice!

MissLianne

PhD in shopping
O.G.
Dec 27, 2008
My dbf and I have decided to head down to Florida for Labour Day weekend (we're actually staying a total of 5nts).

I'm so hesitant to book and anticipate this trip bc ofcourse its hurricane season :sad: Anyone hear had any success with travelling to FLA during this time? I've been there quite a few times around that time years ago- but it seems like tropical storms are getting worse every year.

Another Q:
We've narrowed it down to two destinations: either West Palm Beach (staying at a nice Marriott property-forget its name) OR Ft Lauderdale (staying at Marriott Harbour Beach)

I've been all around that state yet never to W. Palm Beach? What's it like? Or should we just go to FT Lauderdale?

Were in our mid 20s and just want a nice beach hotel, very warm wheather, some nice restaraunts nearby, maybe squeeze in a few hours of shopping (dbf is not into shopping when were on vacation lol).

Helppp pleaseee!

I'm from Palm Beach and WPB is fine - you'd need a car, but there is tons of shopping nearby and I'm sure the beach is nice. Some shopping areas include worth avenue (like rodeo drive) in palm beach proper, the gardens mall (big, really nice mall with nordstroms, saks, bloomies, etc), and the downtown west palm area has some nice restaurants, and there are nicer restaurants in palm beach gardens and palm beach, all an easy drive for you guys.

Ft lauderdale has a lot of restaurants along the beach and on Las Olas, and I'm sure has a nice mall, too.

There is really no way to predict what will happen - it's in the middle of hurricane season. I was at a wedding in Ft Laud over labor day weekend last year and we had torrential downpours for a solid day.