Antique Glace Care

BeautyBootyBabe

Yeah, I like cake.
O.G.
Sep 8, 2011
The good news about Antique Glace is that it doesn't need any care at all, BBB. Just give it the occasional buffing with a soft dry cloth to bring up its sheen, sit back, and enjoy it's beauty!

Also, someone in another thread something about a sunscreen for bags...does anyone know anything about this? I'm quite interested.

That may well have been me!:graucho: - but no, you don't need to waterproof her - the nature of AG leather means it's already heat treated and protected - but I am sure a friend of mine (who is an avid Mulberry collector) mentioned a UV Protectant (cream, I think) which you could use - but I don't know the specific name - AG can, over time, fade if left for prolonged periods in sunlight - but that is only if it is stored, unprotected on an exposed window sill/shelf - which one wouldn't do anyway!!....:smile:

Hi Ladies. :wave:

Now I am on hols and have some time to do a bit of 'Nest' maintenance, I thought it would be a good idea to add a page to the site on 'Mulberry Leathers' (like in the Reference Section, here on TPF).

I get asked alot of questions about leather types & care and as the older leathers aren't on M.com anymore I thought it might help to collate all the information in one place.

I know minimabel and Jazzy have a huge wealth of knowledge on all things Mulberry....as I am sure many others do, (more than me, anyway!) so if you can help fill in the gaps and add in some more that I didn't even know existed :thinking: then the more the better.

I've put a link to the page here, so if you have a few minutes to pass on your knowledge that would be wonderful.

Just pop me an email through whenever you think of something....(I actually dreamt about Mulberry leathers last night when I was racking my brains for different types....how sad is that!!) :cray:

:ty:

Hi there NP:wave: - what a great idea:tup:....and don't worry, - you have company...:cray:..... you're not the only one who has Mulberry-related dreams (hehe!)...

Hi Ladies. :wave:
I've put a link to the page here, so if you have a few minutes to pass on your knowledge that would be wonderful.

Just pop me an email through whenever you think of something..

:ty:

What a brilliant resource! I found a care card for Sullivan leather recently so I'll send you an email about it once I get back to the UK:smile: