Antigua - What do you girls think?

Itsabagslife

Mar 14, 2006
A friend wants to sell her Antigua LV Cup MM to me at SGD750 (approx. US$480) and I'm tempted but I'm not sure if it's a wise choice because it just seems too expensive to be paying for canvas and it doesn't seem as hardy to me? My sister has the Antigua Rabat but that design doesn't grow on me.

Any antigua owners here who can advise? :flowers:

i use to not like the Antigua line until I had a close up look at it. The waffle canvas is very strong and resistant and I love the gold inventeur plate!

Once folks get past the thought of paying a large amount of money for a bag that isn't "leather" (I get this statement a lot when asked about my Antigua), they'll realize the Antigua line is just as sturdy and quality-made as any and all LV bags.

Just like the Damier Geant line, I've never had an issue with my Antigua. I can take it out in the rain, toss it around, and use it all the time and not have to worry about snags or anything. It's a great bag to use as a work tote or weekend bag or casual bag...it's not overtly LV as the mono, but I love it just the same. I get so many compliments on my Antigua as I've personalized it a bit (hotstamped luggage tag and panda cles attached). I really do recommend the Antigua line, especially because it's different, useful and really cute.

ayla said:
I still can't get over paying that much for uncoated canvas - I don't think I'll ever be an antigua owner.

I thought the same thing about the denim line until DH bought the Baggy PM for me at Christmas! :lol:

addictedtolv said:
I thought the same thing about the denim line until DH bought the Baggy PM for me at Christmas! :lol:

Ahh but it's a little different if it's a free bag since someone else bought it. :graucho:

ayla said:
Oh boo !! That's not a gift at all then, I'd be like - I'm picking out a bag myself ! :P

DH loves to buy me LV although he complains that I'm on the LV forums too late into the night! :lol:

I actually prefer him to ask me what I want - than I get what I want and we're both happy! :yes:

I have the LV Cup Besace and like it. Try not to think of what material it is relative to price. Think of it as a good designed LV bag.

Furthermore, you're getting it at a cheap price from a friend who you trust?! What more reasons do you need?

addictedtolv said:
DH loves to buy me LV although he complains that I'm on the LV forums too late into the night! :lol:

I actually prefer him to ask me what I want - than I get what I want and we're both happy! :yes:

WOW how cool is that?? What a rockin' DH! :yes: