anthra vs plomb city

addicted ali

Your Honour, a Bbag!
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
ok, so heres another one of my dilemmas...

I love both colors... and the anthra is close to selling out... at the moment I can only buy from Diabro... coz AR is sold out of anthra...

soooo the question really is: are they TOO SIMILAR to justify owning both colors?

although I've kinda posted similar question in another thread... I really have to make a FINAL decision...

I'm thinking of either:
1) anthra GH and Plomb GSH or
2) anthra RH and Plomb GSH

TIA! :tup:

i agree with mintpearl, go with number two!!! They do seem different enough to get them both, but I wouldn't get them in similar styles. Plus, they'll look even more different with the RH vs GH.

I'd go with #2. I don't think that the colors are similar at all. All the anthras I've seen have been very greenish whereas plomb is grey w/ blue undertones.

I would go for the second choice as well. If I had to choose one, I would get the anthracite w/ RH. It has more depth to it than plomb. And, honestly you cannot go wrong, those bags are all stunning! Good luck!

Haha, of your two choices, it sounds as if you've already decided to get both colors! I saw steel for the first time yesterday and in my mind, anthra and steel are quite similar. Anthra has a stronger slate blue tone, but overall they're pretty close. However, if you're going to switch it up with hardware, I'd go for #2! One with tassels, one without -- that's a big enough difference to justify getting two similar colors!

they are definitely not similar at all...
i went to neiman's in san francisco yesterday with my anthracite twiggy, and they had 2 plomb cities...
the plomb to me was kinda a dull black, where as the anthracite has more of a greenish tinge...

i would go with #2...
the plomb looks great with SGH, and the color seems deeper than the RH version...

the sa was very frustrating though...
i picked up one of the plomb cities, and she said, "oh that's a brand new color, it's called anthracite..."
and i said to her, "actually my bag (pointing to my twiggy) is anthracite; it's from spring...this bag is called plomb or steel..."
she kinda gave me a look and kept calling the plomb bag anthracite the rest of the time i was checking it out...:rolleyes:

I compared my Anthracity to Plomb today and they are very different. Anthra is very green and Plomb looked like black, I wouldn't have realised it was grey if the SA hadn't pointed it out to me.

I decided that want something in Plomb with giant silver hardware, probably a Day. Also, the new leather is definitely heavier, not sure if this is something that would matter to you.