Another Coach Classic Thread -Willis vs Station

May 27, 2006
Ok so I just posted a thread about wanting a Willis & I do. However, I do like the Station Bag as well. Its a tiny bit smaller, of course, but I was just wondering if anyone had both & how they compared to each other? Do the extra inches on the Willis make a significant difference?

I have 2 station bags which I never carry. My black willis is my most loved and carried bag of all my handbags. I just ordered another one.

The size, the pockets, the look, all beat out the station bags. IMO.

:smile:;)

Reactions: katev
I like the look of both, but I only own a Willis. I do want a Station bag (or two :graucho: ) to round out my collection. The Willis has just enough room for what I carry (minus my sunglasses) without overcrowding my stuff. If anyone can post pictures comparing the two I would love to see them.

And not to hijack this thread, but what colors have the Station bags been made in?

I like the look of both, but I only own a Willis. I do want a Station bag (or two :graucho: ) to round out my collection. The Willis has just enough room for what I carry (minus my sunglasses) without overcrowding my stuff. If anyone can post pictures comparing the two I would love to see them.

And not to hijack this thread, but what colors have the Station bags been made in?

That extra inch or two can make a big difference. :graucho:

The Station Bag came in almost all the "classic" colors as the Willis except for Taupe and Gray. They also had colors in the mid-80s that have been discontinued, like Putty, Tabac, Burgundy and Mocha.

Are the more colorful bags made in fewer numbers? I see so many black and brown, but green and others I don't s ee nearly as much.

Coach was actually a very conservative company once upon a time, and the buyers were too. The basic dye colors were also more durable and held their color better, although a lot of black Coaches have lightened over the years to more of a dark charcoal - most older bags listed as "gray" are really just black that's faded. Coach didn't make bags in dark charcoal Way Back When, and even though they did make a gray shade for the Willis and maybe a few other styles, the real gray is much lighter than most of the pre-2000 leather bags listed as Gray that you'll find for sale.

Most bags were only made in the "standard" colors like black, navy, shades of brown and tan, and rarely a green or red for variety. Vintage or classic-era bags in unusual colors need to be looked at very carefully. A lot of fakes seem to come in unusual brights and pastels.

Reactions: Dawn and katev
The classics are the ones I love. I thought I was in the minority though. It is great to see that others love them also.
It amazes me that with care they can look wonderful after so many years of use.
I can post pics of the station bags beside the willis. I will try to do it in the next couple of days unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks, Hyacinth and dobrmom!! I do think they have done away with the section they were in...now I plug in a search by style...wonder if they just ran out of room, of if they weren't selling well enough for their own space any more?

The drop-down menu doesn't have Coach originals to choose from any more...