Another B40....... But in what colour n leather?

Champers21

Hermes! Here I come.
Mar 21, 2009
My dearest TPFers

I've just "picked up" my graphite B40 in clemence today n she's gorgeous!!!:yahoo::yahoo: perfect as my DD's diaper bag!!! I can't post pictures of it cos I sent it to get it stamped with my DD's initials ;)And the bag will only be back in 2 days as the craft woman is off these 2 days:sad:

After laying my hands on my very first B40, I'm thinking of getting another one!!! Yes another one, maybe in a "pop up" colour so that I can rotate DD's diaper bags n not be left using her one and only Graphite B40 :P

The question now is what colour do you think I should the next B40 in?? I was thinking of something happy n cheerful??? Maybe in soile? Or hmmm blue jeans?? Ohhhh....... I'm at a lost H has lots of beautiful colours........ Some look good in smaller bags n some look better in the bigger bags......

Any suggestions??

Champers21, I suggest that you check with your SM what she can offer you. She would have ordered them in various colours, and depending on whether they have been spoken for or sold, you can pretty much be certain that when you discuss it with her, you will be sure to get what she offers you.

Alternatively, when you decide on the colour that you wish to have, but is not already ordered by your SM, then you can place your request so that she can order it for you when she leaves for Paris in Jan / Feb for her AW2011 podium. In this case, your 40cm Birkin will probably arrive at the end of the year or first half of 2012.

Thank you so much Mrs Sparkles! I will meet up with my SM n have a chat with her on what they have ordered if not I might just put in my request for a soilei or a iris B40.

Any mommyies out there who use a B40 as a diaper bag?? What colour is yours??

^ Apart from the process of getting a 2nd 40cm Birkin .... Do you find your 40cm Birkin heavy as it is? I'm not sure if you would really enjoy using it as a diaper bag. I think a specially made diaper bag with pockets, compartments and zipper opening would be more practical.

^ Apart from the process of getting a 2nd 40cm Birkin .... Do you find your 40cm Birkin heavy as it is? I'm not sure if you would really enjoy using it as a diaper bag. I think a specially made diaper bag with pockets, compartments and zipper opening would be more practical.

Ditto. I would not buy a birkin for a diaper bag. She will not always need a diaper bag -- do you love it to carry it for years to come?

I have one 40 cm and its one to many even thinking of maybe sending it to my sister or selling it because you know as much as I love the bag its just too big it's always a hastle the weight the museums never let it go in airplanes have problem with it , as fantastic as it can be I suggest you try out your 40 first then come back for a second bag , if it is for you then I suggest bouganvillier iris or vert anis currently my favorite

Thanks Mrssparles!! It's jus that I was so happy getting my very first B40 that I was thinking of getting another to join the family:smile: I drive where ever I go and hubby or the nanny carries the diaper bag when we go out if DD is with me so I thought it would be okay.

The Birkin on it's own is okay, but I hv yet to load it up with my DD's stuff to do a trial run cos it's still at the store waiting to get my DD's initials embossed ;). Maybe I will "hold on" to my next B40 then and get a B35 instead which might is a little less bulky, lighter n easier to manage.

Thanks for your comments lulilu and birkel :flowers:

My intention when getting the B40 was firstly to use as DD's diaper bag n then as hand luggage when I travel so that I'd get more mileage from my B40 :smile:

But birkel you mentioned that airplanes have a problem with it?? Ohhhhh :sad: you mean it's too big to qualify as hand luggage?? :confused1:

^ I think there might be difficulty fitting it under the seat on airplaces. Unless you are comfortable with leaving it in the overhead compartment...

I have played with a 40 and I think it's terribly heavy, even when empty. I honestly think it is really huge for ladies and very few can actually carry it off well IMO.

Suggest that you use your current 40 first before deciding... after all, 40s are easier to come by than 35s or 30s :smile:

Oh silly me!! Thanks pyrexia!! What was I thinking ..... I usually just put my hand luggage in the overhead compartment as I never had a B40 before :Laugh:

Okay! I have some fun with my B40 for a bit n see how it goes...... If it's too heavy, :idea: I guess I could just give it to hubby :smile: