Annoyed!

I can see why you're annoyed, OP, but I read through threads like that mostly just for laughs.:lolots: I admit, I am completely addicted to Coach!!! I really enjoy TPF and obsessing about Coach.:biggrin: But at the end of the day, we are talking about handbags. There are plenty of things in the world that make me sad or angry, but handbags are not one of them. I like a lot of different brands (although, I primarily buy Coach). But why waste the energy trashing the ones I don't like? I just choose not to buy those brands. I do feel a little sorry for people who feel the need to put down brands that they don't like. I think they must be hurting inside or something if putting down a handbag brand (which they know many other people like and that those people will be reading their words) makes them feel better. Another thing I've considered...the internet provides a certain amount of anonymity...I think perhaps for some, it's easier to say things on-line that they wouldn't dream of saying to someone's face.

Last edited:
Reading that doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of snobbery going around when it comes to purses. Those who have the Premium Designer bags look down on those who have the Designer bags. Those who have the designer bags look down on those who have the no name brands. One clear example that can be seen in the Coach forum is in the Coach Inspired Bags at the Mall thread. While those bags may be a 'copy cat', the point is that there are people who snub their noses at those who are less fortunate. Those people aren't worth your time or your energy getting annoyed at.

Don't worry, you have a gorgeous Coach collection to be proud of! :smile:

It used to bug me a little bit, but now I look at it this way: these "haters" don't live where I live, I don't interact with them on a daily basis, AND they may just be spouting BS in regards to what they themselves own.

Where I live, Coach is pretty much the high end thing...you see a few ladies with more expensive bags, but those are definitely NOT the norm. If you travel a teensy bit north or south to some larger cities (one is in a pretty affluent area) you run into more of the "premium" bags, but i'm not going to get myself all flustered because I like what I like and someone who lives hours away...they aren't going to change that.

Doesn't really bother me much. I love my Coach and Gucci (LV will be added on the list soon)! Plus I noticed that a lot of ladies from the LV board likes Coach too. One of my favorites lines people post on the forum is "Thats a nice bag, but I would never pay that much for a Coach bag!" :shrugs: lol

Yeah, there are always going to be those people who bring you down. I wouldn't sweat it. Wear what makes you happy. As for as other forums go... I've been in the LV forum a lot lately, and there are a lot of friendly people there... I think there are going to be people who have negative comments no matter what forum you go into. So just go with the flow and wear what you love.

I like what I like. Some may like them as well and some won't. Everyone's different. If we all liked the same stuff......then we'd all be drowning in a sea of Coach or LV or Gucci.

More for me on what I like. ;)