Annoyed w/ Luna Boston

oh no..I just ordered 4 RM bracelets from them...hopefully I dont have any problems =/

anyway Im new so I cant post my own thread but I have a question about Rebecca Minkoff sales, I just discovered RM a couple months ago and so far they had black friday and christmas sales....what other sales do they have year round?? I want a black mac but I dont want to pay full price if I dont have to.

thanks

I just had my first negative experience with them yesterday, it was the first time I've ever been 'reprimanded' by a store I shop from and felt it was unfair at best. I think after I use my Lux points I will not be dealing with them again.

Linda

Oh, my. With the economy still a little stale these days, and I don't care what the media would have us believe, I think THIS is the time for all retailers to fall all over themselves to please the customer. We wield the wallet, and our loyalty during these times is more important than ever.
Stupid mistakes on the part of LB!
My sentiments exactly! I used to be a big fan of LB, but their coupon codes are harder and harder to find and I don't enjoy their trickery with their pricing adjustments. I think they used to have a much better bag turnaround in the past because now I'm looking at the same bags on sale for about a year. They are off my online shopping list.

oh no..I just ordered 4 RM bracelets from them...hopefully I dont have any problems =/

anyway Im new so I cant post my own thread but I have a question about Rebecca Minkoff sales, I just discovered RM a couple months ago and so far they had black friday and christmas sales....what other sales do they have year round?? I want a black mac but I dont want to pay full price if I dont have to.

thanks

They have a current sale code right now, 2011.

^^ I just read it. That code is certainly not a private code...it's been posted a bunch of times already.

And it makes no sense, because nothing was ever said between myself and Luna Boston about the code. All they sent me were links to some new spring Dylans, which I did not share on TPF, although nothing was said about them being 'private'. I just happened to try the code and it worked, so I posted that the code 'seemed to be working'.

Next thing I know I get an email from them that it has been brought to their attention that information they sent me in a private email has been shared in a public forum. They're afraid they could lose their contract with the designer if it got out that they accepted a code, it was an error and they wanted me to edit my post. Going forward I should understand that any information sent in an email is private, etc. etc. I have to wonder if they actually even read my post before contacting me.

I understand about them not being able to accept codes for certain designers on new or pre-ordered bags, it was just the tone and phrasing of the email that I found offensive.

Linda

Linda, what LB did was totally uncalled for. That 2011 code was NOT private- did they send you the new Dylan links privately to you? Regardless, they never told you LP was excluded from the code anyway and their code always worked for pre-orders (at least for RMs). They could have just apologized and said the code can't be applied to new Dylans...

Linda, what LB did was totally uncalled for. That 2011 code was NOT private- did they send you the new Dylan links privately to you? Regardless, they never told you LP was excluded from the code anyway and their code always worked for pre-orders (at least for RMs). They could have just apologized and said the code can't be applied to new Dylans...

They emailed me the links to view/pre-order the new Dylans after I emailed them asking if they had any pictures up of the new spring line. They sent me three links but nothing at all was said about keeping them private, I've read that email over and over just to see if I'd missed something. Nothing at all was even said about code, I just tried the 2011 when I was going to order one. I did share the links with a friend via email but that was it, and I told them so. No links or pictures were posted on TPF by anyone.

I ended up with a lecture on keeping emails private and was accused of sharing the information they emailed to me in a public forum, which I did not. Gosh we have had such a fun time with the 2011 code and pre-ordering RM that it didn't occur to me this would be a huge deal for LP.

Linda

^^ Yeah certain brands don't allow codes to be used on new lines. RM was pretty strict about it before but hasn't said anything lately, so the codes continue. The economy is still down, so codes boost sales. Without them, sales would stagnate.

^^ Yeah certain brands don't allow codes to be used on new lines. RM was pretty strict about it before but hasn't said anything lately, so the codes continue. The economy is still down, so codes boost sales. Without them, sales would stagnate.

I'm very glad that RM is allowing codes, at least for now. :smile:

Linda