Anita Ko is....

Wow, so rude and unreasonable of Anita Ko! Who does she think she is? OP - I don't think you should've apologized or offered to return the earrings. You bought them and can wear them however you damn please. If you hadn't posted on IG, she would've been clueless...and I can imagine many of her other clients mix and match her pieces with other brands. Sorry her diva-like behaviour is ruining your experience.

I just got chewed out by the designer because I wore her arrow clip earring with another designer's ear cuff (it's similar to her design but much much cheaper). She said I was never allowed to buy her things again! What do I do? If I carry a Chanel bag does that mean I am expected to dress head to toe Chanel??

Appreciate some feedback, so sad right now as I was saving up to buy two more earrings from her!

Wow that was so harsh. I am not familiar with Anita ko jewelry and the arrow earring is very unique looking and pretty but there is nothing that unique about the ear cuff. She does make it sound like she invented the ear cuff accusing you of wearing a knock off. I am so sorry I think your response was very good. To be honest if I was in the situation I would not want to buy from her again after being treated so rudely. After reading this I now know who she is and have no desire to ever buy a piece of her jewelry.

Totally unprofessional. I'd only heard of Anita Ko and hadn't really seen her designs until today, needless to say I will not be buying from her

I agree! Never heard of her and after seeing this I have no desire to buy from her. She has no right to tell you how you can wear the earrings you purchased with your own money. If she wants you to wear it with her ear cuff she should send you one for free!

Posting a picture like that was very sweet of you. Her response was vulgar and rude. I agree 100% will all the other posts in this thread. I have seen many ear cuffs that look like the one you are wearing in your picture, it is based on a classic eternity band design. Wear your jewellery and enjoy it. It sounds like you work hard to buy it xxx

Reactions: lulilu and Mishella
Appreciate the feedback. I think its best to return her items so I can buy something else and enjoy wearing them.

The arrow earring is a copy of a vintage design. You can see it by googling shooting arrow earring (1930s!)

Reactions: Mishella
Seriously?!!!! You can wear whatever the hell you like! What a ridiculous reaction - even celebrities do this and mix and match their jewellery and other accessories - she has made herself look so stupid!!

Reactions: lulilu
Appreciate the feedback. I think its best to return her items so I can buy something else and enjoy wearing them.

The arrow earring is a copy of a vintage design. You can see it by googling shooting arrow earring (1930s!)
Do what gives you peace of mind. I can understand that you may not enjoy wearing the arrow earrings after this experience.

And yes, you're right about the design being a knock off of an art deco piece. I've seen a Cartier arrow pin circa 1920s-1930s.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope you find something else you love.

I was considering a couple of her pieces, but she just lost a customer. Probably several.

I am appalled. If she was under the misguided impression she had a right to comment, one comment would have been more than enough. Her rant is out of control, and makes her appear unhinged. She is a rude, poor business person. I hope her PR team tells her that bullying customers isn't good for business.

That ear cuff is hardly an original design, and if she is so concerned with who makes your other pieces, she can send you hers. Please don't apologize to her!!

Reactions: lulilu and Mishella
WOW that kind of behavior is totally unacceptable and honestly I'm kind of embarrassed for Anita. As someone who previously admired her jewelry and was planning on buying a few pieces, I will definitely NEVER buy ANYTHING from a designer who is so ungracious and crass towards her customers.

This is disgraceful, how can we voice our distaste at her comments? Does she think she invented the wheel for goodness sake??
I guess we can by keeping this thread going. It really is appalling what she said. If she had to say something, I think she could have handled it better by saying something along the lines of..."great to see you're a fan of my arrow design, but hey, how about you buy my ear cuff next time so it'll be a complete matching set..." or something along those lines. ;)

Last edited: