ANATOMY OF A WORK: in coral blue's guide to becoming a workaholic (comparo pics!!!!!)

incoralblue

Boy With Bags
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
I’m currently working on my latest Illustration series featuring my current obsession, Balenciaga! I released my Chanel Ligne Cambon line of painting and illustrations almost two years ago (here's an unfinished sample: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/incoralblue1/cambon.jpg

And now, my Balenciaga series will be making its debut this Fall. After taking some pics, I decided to create my little Antaomy of... series so that I can share with everyone the features, dimensions, etc. of Balenciaga bags...

xx I actually have a job and a life, I swear! :roflmfao:

ANATOMY OF A WORK: in coral blue’s guide to becoming a workaholic…

Since there are plenty of requests and questions about Work bags (comparison pics, dimensions, how much can it hold, etc) I decided to compile a mini guide to my most loved Balenciaga bag. My boyfriend refers to the Work as: “the one that costs $1385” – like the last time he bought me one as a present (he ordered over the phone and had no clue how to begin describing it!)

I used mostly my SS 07 French Blue Work, although my Sandstone and Blueberry both managed to do some extra work...

THE WORK: released in SPRING 2005 (only season with a leather tag)

worksss.jpg

The original price was $1295 but during the Fall/Winter 2006 Collection the price went up to $1385, the Part Time bag replaced the $1295 slot.

DIMENSION: 13 in x 18 in x 5 in

Single main zipper (unlike the City and Part Time’s double zipper)

IMG_0304.jpg

The main compartment opens to about 17 inches wide

worklength.jpg

Two main studs vs. the Weekender’s three…

studs.jpg

NO STRAP!

nostrap.jpg

Handle drop is approx. 4 inches

handlelength.jpg

Front zip pocket is approx 7.5 inches

frontzip.jpg

You want to know the real reason why I love the Work style?

They make great pillow replacements!

workcouch.jpg

Kidding aside, for me at least, the WORK gets the job done (PUN INTENDED!)…

It can hold a lot…

WORK vs. BRIEF

In the Brief, the Vogue magazine fits vertically…
Fyi the VOGUE magazine measures: 8 in x 11 in

IMG_0287.jpg

However, not horizontally, eek!...

IMG_0288.jpg

In the Work, the Vogue magazine fits perfectly both ways.

Wide enough to fit it horizontally…

voguemag.jpg

And you still have about 2 1/2 inches left

vogueroom.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed my little presentation! If I missed anything that you'd like to add, please feel free. :nuts:

And stay tuned for the rest of the series...

Anatomy of a WEEKENDER:
in coral blue's guide to Balenciaga's biggest

Anatomy of a MAKE UP CLUTCH: in coral blue's guide to Balenciaga's prettiest

Anatomy of a PART TIME: in coral blue's guide when the Full time WORK just isn't working for you

Go get your WORKS!!! :choochoo: :choochoo: :choochoo:

Oh my gosh, InCoralBlue. You are psychic. I was wishing and wishing someone would do a detailed comparison of Work vs. Weekend. All these comparison photos help SO much!!!!!!! Just wow. The French Blue is just so...cheery (it might make me want to go to work!)

Just what color is that gorgeous make-up clutch? I can think of so many uses for it - and what a color! It coordinates so nicely with all your bags.

^Melisande...it's Spring Summer 2004 Grey w/ pewter hardware. I got it from Percephonie!!! I love it but it'll be facing competition this Fall/Winter when I get the Jaune make up clutch.

I'm glad this thread helped you out! I swear, if I get a $1 for every Balenciaga I sell by posting in this forum...

WOW incoralblue that is so informative :nuts: Thanx so much!:woohoo:

I've been thinking of getting a work but I keep wimping out because I'm worried it'll look huge on me but that french blue of yours just keeps catching my eye!!:girlsigh:

Oh forgot to add love how you use the makeup clutch in your work like I use my coin purses for my firsts!

Hmm.. if I get a work I might need a makeup clutch too now :graucho: LOL!