*amusic20's amateur bagaholic fashionations*

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've lingered on TPF for quite some time now -- I've been putting off sharing my collection, not only because I wanted to wait until I'd acquired more, but also because mine pales in comparison to others' collections. But I wanted to share all my lovely treasures with you, with include purses, accessories, and shoes. I'll try to go in chronological order, by category (yeah I'm that OCD!). Enjoy! :yahoo:

2. A few years ago--I believe I was a freshman in college or perhaps even younger than that--before I become a designer bagaholic, I bought my first "designer" bag (with my own money) at Elizabeth & Harriet boutique in Mystic, CT. Now, I use quotes because at the time spending $60-something on a purse (or anything for that matter) was a big deal for me. But compared to the bags I own now, this Vera Bradley tote in hope toile (a retired pattern) nothing special. Regardless, I still love the color, and I almost want to wash the bag because it's still functional (but very dirty!).

[​IMG]

3. My freshman year of college, I joined a sorority -- and my Big sister gave me this purse (plus a number of other presents), which she'd made herself. I've never used it, but I can't get rid of it, because it's cute and I feel like it was made for me.

[​IMG]

4. Before my sophomore year (or junior year??) of college, I (and my mom) was looking for a chic messenger bag to carry all my books and such -- but I couldn't find anything good. But there was one tote that caught my eye at TJ Maxx (I believe) in Boston. This Etienne Aigner bag is pretty but is nothing special; it got the job done, and it has tons of pencil marks all over the inside. I don't use it anymore, but, again, I can't get rid of it. We snagged it for a bargain too: it was about $35 and was originally $90-something.

[​IMG]

5. In spring 2008, I was headed to Australia to spend a semester abroad (which was amazing, btw) -- it was actually the day before I was to leave from Boston, and my mom & I were searching for a small, functional purse to keep my wallet/passport/etc. safe. This Nine West small blue shoulder bag was perfect, and I even took it out to clubs & such in Perth (where I was studying), and it lasted the whole semester. But, again, it's quite dirty, although I've used it a few times since then.

[​IMG]

6. I'm not exactly sure when this was, but I know one summer I bought a cheap Sun 'n Sand straw basket (it was like $16) from a local boutique. I ended up using it as a beach bag, and it didn't take long for it to bring some sand home with it. I haven't used it since last summer, but it's pretty unique. Also, I remember telling my mom that I didn't need to spend a lot of money of a purse. Yeah, right.

[​IMG]

7. I think it was senior (or junior, can't remember, sorry) year of college when I bought this Longchamp le Pliage blue tote from the Longchamp website. I'd seen it everywhere--it was a female college student staple, apparently--and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I kept searching on eBay and other sites to find a discounted one, because I didn't really want to spend $120 (or whatever it was) on a purse. But I realized I'd much rather prefer a new one, and as this was before I knew about TPF's authentication, I was worried the bags on eBay wouldn't be real. I was a little disappointed when the bag came and I'd ordered the wrong handle length, but I soon came to see why everyone loved it so much: it holds so much! At the moment it's wrinkled and pretty dirty. Surprise, surprise.

[​IMG]

8. So, I have a confession to make: a few years ago, I was scammed, when I bought an LV Multicolore Speedy from a seller from swapstyle.com for under $400. I should've known then that the price was too good to be true, but the pictures looked good, & she even sent me a copy of the receipt. To make a long story short, I ended up trying to sell it on eBay, but then when it was confirmed to be a replica, I was so pissed. (I've since had a deep hatred of all fake designer goods). I listed bag on swapstyle.com, and a user agreed to swap mine for her vintage Gucci cross body. I'm hoping to God this is real too, because even though I don't particularly like cross bodies, I love the look of this one.

[​IMG]

9. My biggest bag purchase to date was...(drum roll please) my LV Monogram Roses pouchette. I was actually in Vegas on spring break (2009), & my friend & I enjoyed walking into every designer boutique we saw, just for the heck of it. I'd already decided I'd splurge on a nice purse, but it wasn't until I walked into the LV boutique and practically fell in love with this limited-edition pouchette. I told the sales associate I'd need to think about it, but a couple days later I showed up again, having decided that it was what I wanted. What was I thinking, spending $500 on a tiny bag? But I've never regretted that purchase. It's my Holy Grail bag, and I still keep it in the dust bag, for fear of what'll happen if I don't.

PS: sorry if I'm boring anyone w/ all my stories!

[​IMG]

10. My uncle gave me a $100 Visa gift card as a college graduation present, and I was dying to buy myself another purse, and I was looking for a spring Coach bag. This [quite] small blue logo tote caught my eye, and I liked that it was the same as all those brown logo bags I'd been spotting. I was already a TPF member at that point, so after I'd authenticated it, I bought it w/ my gift card. What's weird is that the UPS kept trying to deliver it, but no one was home, so I had to go the post office in the next town, which I couldn't find for awhile (how annoying!). But anyway, the very short handle turned out to be a bit of a pain, but I still really like it.

[​IMG]

11. In January of this year, I was about to start subbing full-time (a career which I ended up hating), and knew I needed a functional (yet stylish) tote. I was actually testing out my new GPS--definitely comes in handy!--and input TJ Maxx as the destination. I still like to joke that the guy said "TJ Max-x" (pronouncing the x twice). This Michael Kors studded red bag really got my attention -- it definitely grabs you. Luckily, it was over 50% off (I paid under $200). I've gotten tons of compliments on it, which is always nice. For some reason, though, I keep buying bags with short handles. Although there is a longer strap on this bag, it's often too long for a super short person like me (I'm 5'1" on a good day).

[​IMG]

12. In March/April (being forgetful again!), my mom & I went to the Clinton, CT outlets. We stopped at the Coach store first. My mom was looking for a purse, but I didn't realize that I was looking for one too. After looking around a bit, I settled on this pink patent leather tote. As much as I love Coach the brand, the blatant logos sometimes annoy me, which is why I was drawn to the subtlety of this bag's logos. It's the perfect spring tote, and of course I snagged an amazing bargain -- I think I paid $140 for both the tote and the scarf! I'm actually using it at the moment, but am planning to switch to a fall bag...

[​IMG]

13. My mom gave me a $50 Marshall's gift card for my birthday, and I was looking in the purse section, as I was always do, when I spotted a pretty Betseyville by Betsey Johnson canvas tote. It was $20, and that was about what I had left on my gift card. And I didn't have anything of Betsey's, so I figured I'd add to my collection. Plus, it turned out to be a very good beach bag.

[​IMG]

14. This one's not special -- it's not even real leather (quelle horreur!). I was just wasting time at Target, and I spotted a vibrantly blue Hollywood Intuition hobo. I liked that it was large size, and was extremely cheap; I think it was like $7! Actually, I've only used it once, but I usually spend more than that on meals out and drinks anyway.

[​IMG]

15. This summer I worked at a high-end boutique in Watch Hill, RI, and thanks to my generous store discount, I snagged this pretty Lulu Guinness canvas tote for a great price. I'd been eying it for quite some time, so on my last day I decided to get it (along with a couple other things lol). I used it as a beach bag one day, but I was worried it'd get too dirty or wet, so lately I've been using it as a gym bag. Yes, it may be a bit classy for a workout bag, but so what?

[​IMG]

PS: My eyes are tired, & my stomach's rumbling, so I'm going to take a break. You can see my latest acquisition, plus some accessories, when I return...